Happy Friday! It’s officially happy hour! Perhaps you’d like to join me for a margarita or two? After a very long week with sick little ones at home, make that three! Yesterday was National Margarita Day and I last-minute blended up a few to share! Not just your typical margarita though. Ginger Coconut Margaritas that I made with leftover ingredients I had on hand.
There’s something about the flavor combo of ginger and coconut that gives me all the tropical vibes! With snow on the ground and the flu running through my home, there’s really no place I’d rather transport to.
Creamy coconut, spicy ginger and tangy lime, blended together with top shelf tequila and a pinch of salt! I also used a little coconut water from young coconuts that I picked up for more flavor.
Since we don’t have any vacations coming up for the the next few months, I’ll consider this my little escape, at least for now.
Ginger Coconut Margaritas
Coconut, fresh squeezed lime and ginger, blended with top shelf tequila and a pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup high quality coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water from a young coconut
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 oz of tequila of choice
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or simple syrup) (sweetener)
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Lime wedge & candied ginger for garnish
- Measure all ingredients and pour into a blender.
- Mix on high until fully blended with the ice.
- Distribute between two glasses
- Garnish with lime wedge and candied ginger.
- This recipe is easy to make non-alcoholic. Simply omit the tequila to make it a mocktail!
It’s not often that I serve margaritas in champagne coupes, however these ones are beautiful and versatile enough to use for any cocktail in mind. Shaded in pink they’re the epitome of chic and can dress up just about any beverage. I will link them for you below, just in case you’re interested in adding them to your glassware collection.
You can easily omit the tequila to turn this margarita into a mocktail, so that they’re suitable for everyone. They’d be a delicious addition to your party menus, either way!
Recommended for anyone who’s over winter and ready for spring, like myself.
Cheers and have a great weekend!
Ginger Coconut Margaritas was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2018.