Today is National donut day and I’m celebrating this sweet holiday with a frozen twist, because we’re looking at record high temps this weekend, and because everything is better on a stick! Agreed?!
Mini Donut Ice Cream Pops
Frosty rounds of donut shaped ice-cream that’s pre-frozen into molds, then drizzled with dark chocolate and a handful of sprinkles. Finished with a toothpick for easy handling and of course eating!
To make this summer-time must, pick up vegan ice cream of choice, allow it to melt partially, then pour it into a donut shaped pan or silicone mold. Top with chocolate and sprinkles of choice and be sure to make a few batches, because they won’t last long!Print
Mini Ice-cream pops shaped like donuts and topped with dairy free dark chocolate and sprinkles. Vegan
- 3 cups Vegan vanilla Ice-cream (coconut, almond or rice) you can also use regular dairy ice-cream
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free dark chocolate (I get mine from Trader Joes)
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- mini Donut Pan
- 2 ziplock bags
- parchment paper
- Place 3 cups of ice-cream into the corner of a ziplock bag and allow to soften about 10 minutes.
- Once softened, snip the tip of your ziplock bag and pipe your ice-cream into each donut mold, filling all the way full.
- Place ice-cream filled donut pan in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour, until solid.
- Once solid, remove the pan from the freezer and place in a shallow bath of luke warm water for 30 seconds. – This will loosen your donut ice-cream pops so that they can easily be removed from the pan.
- To remove, slide the point of a knife around the outside of each cavity and the ice-cream donuts should pop right out.
- Place the ice-cream donuts onto your parchment paper and insert a toothpick into the center of each, being careful not to push through the center or hole of the donut.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes until frozen solid, with toothpicks (popsicle sticks) in place.
- While your ice-cream pops are freezing, melt your chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals.
- Once melted, pour chocolate into the corner of a small ziplock bag.
- Remove frozen ice-cream donuts from freezer and drizzle your chocolate over the top of each of your pops.
- Quickly top with sprinkles before your chocolate cools.
- Repeat these steps for each ice-cream donut and then place back in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Serve immediately.
Not only are the donut pops fun to make, but to eat as well! I love that they only require a few ingredients and are the perfect bite size for little ones to enjoy!
If you have an upcoming summer party scheduled, be sure to add the cute little frozen ice cream donuts to the menu!
Happy Friday and Happy National Donut Day!
This post titled Mini Donut Popsicles was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.
All Images are photographed and owned property of Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2015.