Halloween is just one day away and I have a quick last minute cocktail for your festive drink menus! Spooky smoked margaritas garnished with dry ice and halloween drink decor! The margaritas are mixed with smoky mezcal, orange liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice and a black salted rim for the ultimate spook factor! They’re easy, festive, flavorful and a fitting make ahead drink option for the season! Grab some fresh limes, dry ice and mezcal, and serve them up just in time for Halloween!
Spooky Smoked Margaritas
Smoked margaritas mixed with mezcal, cointreau, simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime juice, and a black salted rim. Served on the rocks with dry ice!
If you’re wondering how to achieve the smoky flavor in the margaritas, there are two key ingredients you’ll need. Mezcal and smoked black salt.
What is Mezcal
Mezcal is a Mexican spirit that is similar to tequila as its made from agave, but both spirits are uniquely different. The smoky flavor of the mezcal comes from the cooking/roasting method of the agave, where tequila is generally steamed. Roasting the agave in the pits provides a rich and often intense smokiness to the mezcal, which tastes wonderful when paired with complimentary ingredients for cocktails, like today’s smoked margaritas.
Choosing quality mezcal will make a difference in the overall smoothness and flavor of the margaritas. Opt for at least mid shelf Mezcal for the best overall taste.
Handling dry ice
Dry ice will add a spooky finishing touch to these smoked margaritas or any festive cocktail you’re making! You should be able to find dry ice at your local grocery store, and the price will vary, but it’ll keep in the freezer for roughly 24 hours. Be sure to handle the dry ice with care to not burn your fingers. Where protective gloves or use tongs when placing the dry ice into drinks.
Ingredients you’ll need
Making a batch of these smoked margaritas is simple and only requires a few ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need!
- High quality grade mezcal
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Simple syrup or Agave nectar (optional)
- Smoked black salt
- Dry Ice
- Halloween decor
No blending is required for these simple Halloween margaritas so mix them up and get ready to celebrate spooky season!Print
Spooky Smoked Margaritas
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Margaritas
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Smoked margaritas mixed with mezcal, cointreau, fresh squeezed lime juice, and a black salted rim. Served on the rocks with dry ice!
- Cubed ice
- 3 oz Mezcal of choice (1.5 oz each)
- 2 oz Cointreau or orange liqueur (1 each)
- 1 oz simple syrup (.5 each)
- 4–6 ripe limes juiced
- Black smoked salt, lime wheels and dry ice for garnish.
- Make ice cube blocks in a silicone square ice mold if you have them on hand. The larger cubed ice is nice because it doesn’t melt as fast and won’t water down your cocktails.
- Juice 4-6 limes and transfer to a small glass pitcher.
- Rim 2 glasses with fresh lime juice and smoked black salt.
- Place the cubed ice in the glasses and pour the quality mezcal over the top of the ice.
- Then add the Cointreau or preferred orange liqueur followed by lime juice.
- Pour in the simple syrup or agave nectar can also be used.
- Stir gently and garnish with lime wheels and dry ice.
- Repeat for additional margaritas.
Keywords: how to make margaritas, margaritas on the rocks, smoked margaritas, halloween margaritas, fall margarita recipes, margarita recipe, easy margaritas, easy fall cocktails, dry ice
Serving a crowd? Quadruple the margarita recipe, mix it up in a pitcher, and store in the fridge for a party ready beverage! Simply serve when party guests arrive!
Happy Halloween all! Have a safe and wonderful holiday and be sure to bookmark and pin the recipe to give it a try!
This post titled Spooky Smoked Margaritas was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights reserved. 2022.