Today’s post has been sponsored by Aiya Matcha. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The most wonderful time of year has arrived and so have the desserts! From pies galore to galettes with fruit filling, everyone is searching for the perfect recipe for their holiday and Thanksgiving menus! Today I have you covered with a slightly unexpected but absolutely delicious matcha pear gallete. The galette features a coconut oil crust, infused with Aiya Matcha’s culinary grade matcha powder, which gives it a gorgeous and festive green hue. Paired with the sugared and caramelized pears the galette recipe is sure to be a hit this Fall and winter season!
Matcha Pear Gallette
Flaky matcha pear galette, made with a coconut oil and matcha pie crust, then layered with caramelized pears, and topped with matcha vanilla bean sugar. A delicious recipe for the holiday season. Dairy Free.
Matcha is a wonderful addition to so many baked goods, pie/galettes included! Aiya Matcha Culinary matcha powder gives the pie crust a subtle vegetal and savory flavor, that’s tastes wonderful paired with the baked sweet pears. Together they are a perfect pairing of autumn fruit flavor and earthiness, for Thanksgiving menus and matcha lovers!
Aiya Matcha Culinary Powder
Aiya Matcha’s culinary matcha is produced from late harvests of the green tea leaves. The powder has a softer green color but a stronger matcha flavor that will shine when cooking and baking with it. Because Aiya Matcha is the largest producer of premium matcha, offering the highest quality matcha to consumers, I highly recommend using their culinary matcha powder in this galette, for the ultimate matcha flavor and color.
What is the difference between a pie and gallete?
Although a galette is made with pie crust and fruit filing, it differs from pie in the way that it’s prepared. Rather than placing the pie crust in a pie pan and crimping, adding lattice or fancy crust cutout decorations, a galette is free form. It requires minimal preparation to the dough which is gently folded over the filling in the center. The appeal is in the ease of making and rustic shape that will look beautiful on all your holiday tables.
Ingredients for the Matcha Pear Galette
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this matcha pear galette at home. No pie pans necessary. Just parchment paper and a baking sheet.
Matcha galette crust:
- Unbleached all purpose flour
- Refined Coconut oil
- Aiya Matcha Culinary Matcha Powder
- Ice water
- Vanilla Bean
- Kosher Salt
- Egg wash or vegan egg.
- Coarse granulated sugar
- Sliced pears
- Aiya Matcha Culinary matcha and vanilla sugar mixture
How to make a Matcha Pear Galette
This matcha and pear galette will be ready in an hour with no chilling required! Start by making the pie crust. Mix the flour, salt, coconut oil, vanilla bean and Aiya Matcha culinary matcha powder to a bowl. You’ll need just 3 teaspoons of matcha powder for the perfect green hue that will still allow for the flavor of the crust to shine. Cut the mixture with a pie cutter then mix in ice cold water 1 tbsp at a time.
Once crust has formed, roll it out onto a floured surface or parchment about 12-14″.
Next take a 9″ plate and place it evenly in the center of the rolled crust. Press gently into the crust to create an indent, as a guide so you know where to add the filling.
Brush the bottom of the crust with coconut oil and a dusting of matcha sugar. Then place the thinly sliced pears in opposite directions in the center of the crust to create a decorative shape.
Dust the pears with matcha vanilla sugar then fold the crust over the pear filling.
Brush the crust with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, then bake in the oven for roughly 30 minutes.
Check out the detailed recipe below!Print
Flaky coconut oil and matcha pie crust, layered with caramelized pears, and topped with matcha and vanilla bean sugar. A delicious recipe for the holiday season. Dairy Free.
Matcha Coconut oil pie crust
- 3/4 cups refined coconut oil
- 2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 tsp Aiya Matcha Culinary Matcha Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 8–10 tablespoons ice cold water
- Egg wash for crust
- 5–6 medium sized ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Matcha vanilla bean sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse granulated sugar
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp Aiya Matcha culinary matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour flour, vanilla bean, matcha and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the coconut oil into the flour and salt mixture with a pastry cutter until it’s a crumb-like consistency.
- Add ice water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well until the ingredients form together.
- Roll out the crust onto a floured board surface to 1/2 inch thick and 12-14″ wide.
- Next take a 9″ plate and place it evenly in the center of the rolled crust.
- Press gently into the crust to create an indent, as a guide so you know where to add the filling.
- Mix sugar, vanilla bean and Aiya Matcha Culinary powder together then set aside.
- Brush the bottom of the matcha coconut pie crust with coconut oil and a dusting of matcha sugar.
- Then place the thinly sliced pears in opposite directions in the center of the crust to create a decorative shape.
- Dust the tops of the pears with matcha sugar.
- Gently fold the excess crust over the pear center and brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle crust with matcha vanilla sugar and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Cool before serving. Then cut into slices and top with vanilla ice cream or coconut whip.
Keywords: Fall galette recipes, pie recipes, matcha pie crust, coconut oil pie crust, matcha and pear recipes, Thanksgiving recipes, matcha dessert recipes, matcha fall recipes, how to make a galette, matcha galette
If you haven’t tried a galette before, the holiday season is a wonderful time to give one a go! Because they’re no fuss, with minimal ingredients, they’re a fitting dessert option for the busiest season of all!
If you don’t have pears on hand, apples and figs would also be delicious with the savory matcha crust!
Enjoyed today’s recipe? Be sure to save it for your Thanksgiving menus! It’ll be as easy as pie to make!
This post titled Matcha Pear Galette was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2022.