I didn’t realize until looking at the calendar that Valentine’s Day is exactly one month away, so cue all things heart and love themed, including today’s sweet recipe! I’m kicking off the month of my V-day posts with a spin on the flourless peanut butter cookies I shared a few months back. I found the original recipe on the Food Network and incorporated a new ingredient that seems to be all the rage right now. Tahini, which actually goes perfectly with today’s peanut butter tahini heart cookies!
Yep, apparently tahini’s not just used for hummus anymore!
Peanut Butter Tahini Heart Cookies
What is Tahini?
It appears from the number of posts I’ve seen, that tahini is the hot new ingredient, used by bakers and cooks alike! Made from hulled sesame seeds, this ground creamy spread has a similar consistency to nut butters, with a mild sesame flavor, and tastes delicious in sweet and savory recipes.
A quick search on the web and you’ll see tahini in everything from cookies, to bars, dressings, smoothies and even hot chocolate!
Since it’s already got a nutty flavor, the tahini is the perfect addition to these already tasty roll out peanut butter heart cookies. That drizzle of dark chocolate and sprinkle of sesame seeds on top, is certainly enough to make your heart skip a beat!
If you aren’t quite yet convinced, these peanut butter tahini hearts are gluten, dairy and also refined sugar-free! Just a few more reasons you’ll fall in love at first bite!Print
Quick and easy flourless peanut butter tahini cookies, drizzled in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tahini (sesame spread)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder (I use PB Fit)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Heart shaped cutter
- Extra peanut butter powder for rolling out dough
- For the garnish:
- 3 oz dairy free dark chocolate (1 bars)
- Sesame seeds & sea salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the peanut butter, tahini, coconut sugar, peanut butter powder, egg, vanilla in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Similar to sugar cookies, dust a rolling pin and surface with peanut butter powder and roll the finished dough out onto parchment paper until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut dough into heart shapes using the heart cutter.
- Add additional peanut butter powder as needed, when re-rolling and cutting out remaining dough.
- Place the heart cutouts on a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes then turn the cookies and bake for an additional 5 minutes. 10 minutes total.
- Allow to cool.
- For the garnish:
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and transfer to a cooling rack.
- All 20 minute to set.
To make classic pb cookies,place the rounds of cookie dough on a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
Flatten the rounds of dough with a fork to make the classic crosshatch pb cookie design on each.
This recipe is dairy and gluten free. adapted from The Food Network
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, tahini, chocolate, valentine's day, healthy treats, baking, gluten free
Serve these cookies at upcoming Valentine’s and Galentine’s Day parties, or wrap them up and gift to the dessert lovers in your life!
Since they’re incredibly quick and easy to make, you can even whip up two batches so there’s more to go around!
Have a lovely week ahead!
This post titled Peanut Butter Tahini Heart Cookies was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2019.