Starting off the new week on a sweet note! I hope you all had a fab weekend! The quote eat cake for breakfast is totally fitting for Mondays, don’t you think?! Especially this Monday as it marks the final full day of summer break for my girls. I still have no idea how it all went so fast.
My goal since summer began was to keep our family’s schedule pretty chill, and relaxed.. and life has been anything but. From surprise birthday celebrations and a recent weekend trip up to Kelowna for my hubby and I’s anniversary (more on that soon), there hasn’t been time for much else, other than some cupcakes and a mini cake that I whipped up over the weekend.
I made the cakes for my friend’s mom’s 60th birthday, which you may have seen the over on Insta, but I thought I’d share them in more detail here.
The cupcakes are vanilla champagne and topped with a vanilla frosting that I tinted pink and infused with champagne, because more is more right?!
To make these delights, replace half the liquid in your favorite vanilla cupcake with a mild champagne. Top with champagne frosting and edible glitter.Print
A lightly sweetened cupcake infused with champagne and topped with pink champagne frosting. Perfect for sweet celebrations. (dairy free)
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour ( I use organic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (or regular butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup favorite champagne
- 1/4 cup alternative almond, coconut or milk (optional – I used coconut but any milk can be used)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup Organic Shortening (you can also use butter)
- 3.5 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Champagne
- A splash of vanilla
- A dash of pink gel food colors.
- Edible gold glitter for garnish.
FOR THE CUPCAKES (dairy free)
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and beat in eggs until combined
- With mixer on medium, pour 1/3 dry ingredients into your egg mixture. Then add 1/3 of your champagne and milk of choice (you can combine both liquids and pour them in together.) Continue to alternate dry ingredients and liquid until it’s completely mixed into the batter.
- Once combined,fill liners 1/2 of the way full and bake for roughly 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before piping with frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING (vegan)
- Mix shortening and sugar together in your stand mixer on medium speed.
- Pour in your Champagne & Vanilla and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of your bowl with rubber spatula, then add your food coloring.
- Mix until the frosting is the perfect shade of pink.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with gold glitter.
- This frosting keeps well in the fridge and can be made a few days in advance.
- To turn this into a buttercream, use unsalted butter instead of shortening.
- You can make a small cake, like the one seen in the pictures using this recipe as well.
The mini cake was made with all white champagne frosting.
I kept the cake decorations chic and simple, using edible rose, gold dusted white chocolate gems, pink frosting swirls and edible gold glitter.
You can find the mold to make the gems in my etsy shop.
Well I still have party photos to edit as well as photos from our wine tasting trip to Kelowna. I’ll be sharing that all here, along all with a few fun recipes very soon.
Thanks for reading!!
This post titled Champagne Cupcakes was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.