Happy Mother’s Day weekend!
If you follow me over on instagram, you may remember those vegan cheesecakes that I made for Easter Sunday. They were so yummy I wanted to share the recipe that I used!
It’s a completely raw/vegan/gluten-free cheesecake recipe that I found on Sift & Whisk, and can I also mention, delicious?! The crust is made from dates and pecans and the “cheesecake” filling from cashew cream. The method to making the cheesecake requires soaking cashews overnight. When blended, they transform into a creamy consistency, and can be used for all sorts of vegan sauces and desserts.
Because I love to make treats in personalized portions, I used a mini muffin pan for the cheesecakes as opposed to 1 large cheesecake pan. I popped the minis into the freezer to set and they were ready just in time for dessert!
I personally love strawberry and rhubarb together, but you can totally get creative and use any fruit of your choice to top these delights.
Mini raw cheesecakes made with cashew cream and topped with strawberries and rhubarb. Vegan & Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans or almonds
- Candied Rhubarb: (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 stalks of rhubarb peeled into ribbons
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight (and drained.)
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- 2/3 cups melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Strawberries and candied rhubarb ribbons for topping.
- Soak dates in warm water, then drain.
- Pulse them in a food processor until paste like consistency.
- Place the date paste in a bowl, then process pecans until chopped.
- Add dates back to the pecans and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Firmly press the date and pecan mixture into the cavities of a greased (or sprayed) muffin tin. Set aside.
- Bring 1 cup water with 1/3 cup agave nectar to a boil.
- Drop rhubarb ribbons into boiling water/nectar and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, drain and cool.
- Blend soaked cashews, lemon juice, almond milk, agave nectar and coconut oil until the consistency is smooth. Then add the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust into each muffin tin.
- Top with thinly sliced strawberries and candied rhubarb ribbons.
- Freeze mini cheesecakes for about 3 hours. Then serve.
- I found them easiest to remove from from the muffin tins while still frozen.
- I enjoyed the cheesecakes most when just barely thawed. They keep well frozen.
The cheesecakes are sweet and tart, require no baking and are easy to assemble. Talk about a great dessert option for parties and celebrations, oh and Mother’s Day too!
I still have a few of these left in the freezer and plan to treat myself to one, or maybe even two tomorrow!
Have a sweet rest of the weekend!
This post titled Raw Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecakes was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2017.