So…. the Super Bowl. I guess I haven’t said much about it up to this point, because unfortunately, my Seahawks lost. What a sad day for all of us hawks fans, hence the reason for me dragging my feet on a football post. It’s just not as exciting to tune in and celebrate when your favorite team’s not a part of it. But, the show always goes on and I’m certain the half time performances, the commercials, good food and company will be more than enough to make up for it! So If you’re throwing or attending a Super Bowl soiree and are in need of a quick and easy treat to share, you’ll love these chocolate dipped mangoes! Made with just 4 ingredients (all vegan) and shaped into little footballs using the miniature football cookie cutter from the posh shop. With their touchdown worthy taste and all natural ingredients, you’ll feel good about serving these fab little footballs tomorrow!
My prediction…they’ll be gone before the 1st quarter comes to a close!Print
Fresh mangoes dipped in vegan dark chocolate and shaped into tiny little footballs.
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand or similar)
- 2–3 firm mangoes peeled and sliced
To decorate the footballs
- 1/2 organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of almond milk (or any milk)
- Peel the skin off your mangos using a potato peeler.
- Slice your mangos into 1/2 inch rounds (you should be able to get 2-3 rounds off each side of your mango.)
- Cut your sliced mango rounds into football shapes using your mini football cutter, and set aside.
- Heat your chocolate on 30 second intervals in the microwave, or over a double boiler until fully melted.
- Dip your fresh mango shapes into melted chocolate and place on a wire rack with parchment paper underneath it.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then transfer your chocolate covered mangos to parchment paper to cool. This can be done by gently lifting the bottom of your mangoes off the wire rack with a fork.
- Place your mangoes in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- While your chocolate dipped mangoes are chilling, mix together your powdered sugar and almond milk. If the mix is too thick, add a few extra drops of milk and then transfer to a piping bag.
- Pull your chilled mangoes from the fridge, snip a small corner off the tip of your piping bag and pipe the laces onto your footballs using the powdered sugar and almond milk mixture.
- Return to the fridge to harden for 15 minutes.
- Serve when firm to the touch.
- This recipe is super versatile. Feel free to use regular milk chocolate with this recipe, and also white chocolate for piping.
So tell me, will you be watching the Super Bowl? And if so, who are you cheering for? I’m definitely staying neutral. May the best team win!
This post titled Mini Chocolate Mango Footballs was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.