Lavender season is currently upon us and there’s no time like the present to highlight this sweet bloom. Since the weekend is also here, I have a good excuse to incorporate my favorite herb into a cocktail, because nothing screams summer weekends like smooth spritzers and fragrant flowers. Pair them together for a fresh Lavender Paloma. A twist on the traditional Paloma, featuring Milagro Tequila Silver, which is made from 100% sweet blue agave, that’s finely grown and cultivated in the Jalisco Highlands.
Mix the Milagro with homemade lavender simple syrup and squeezed juices, then top with Lavender DRY soda and you have the perfect summertime cocktail on your hands.
You’ll look forward to serving this version of the Paloma at your next gathering, or just sipping and enjoying one, or maybe two on a gorgeous sun-filled afternoon.Print
A fragrant and refreshing tequila cocktail made with Milagro Silver, fresh squeezed juice, lavender simple syrup and Lavender DRY soda.
- 2 parts Milagro Silver
- 1 part fresh squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 part Lavender & Vanilla Simple Syrup (I omitted the vanilla)
- 1/2 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 parts DRY Lavender Soda
- Garnish with fresh Grapefruit Peel, a sprig of Lavender and/or Kosher Salt
For Lavender Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup syrup
- 1/4 cup dried culinary lavender buds
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- Bring water, sugar and lavender to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes and pour syrup through a strainer.Chill.
- Lavender Paloma
- Pour tequila, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, lavender simple syrup and lime juice over ice.
- Top with DRY Lavender Soda.
- Garnish & enjoy.
I happen to have fresh lavender growing in my garden that I used for garnish and also added a little pink himalaya salt to a portion of the rim, for a posh finishing touch.
Posh Little Tip- Prep the ingredients ahead so you can quickly mix your Lavender Paloma’s to order, or combine all ingredient in a large glass pitcher and serve over ice. A great bridal shower or wedding cocktail option.
Make the Lavender Paloma for National Tequila Day coming up on July 24th, if not sooner!
Cheers to a great weekend ahead!
This post titled Lavender Paloma was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.
All Images are photographed and owned property of Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2015.