‘Tis the season for the sweet flavors of the holidays and my favorite, plenty of champagne. Today I’m showcasing both in the form of a sweet and spicy gingerbread cocktail, perfect for your countdown to 2016! A sparkler with notes of ginger and gingerbread, topped with Limited edition Chandon, that’s fitting for an end of year celebration with your besties!
Grab a bottle of this gorgeous Chandon Blanc de Noirs and pair it with a homemade gingerbread simple syrup and fresh ginger liqueur. Homemade mini iced gingerbread cookies are optional, but recommended as they surely add a sweet finish to this sparklin’ celebratory bevy. And speaking of Chandon, how fab are the holiday bottles? The white and gold printing and words like ‘bestie wishes’ and ‘life of the party’ had me at hello. A must addition to your sparkling lineup this new years eve.
Be prepared for non-stop fun with your fav gals while toasting to the new year ahead!Print
A sweet and spicy sparkling cocktail with flavors reminiscent of gingerbread. Made with homemade simple syrup, ginger liqueur and topped with Chandon Bland de Noirs. Served over ice and garnished with mini iced gingerbread cookies.
- 1 part homemade gingerbread simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 part fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice
- 1 part ginger liqueur (Domaine Canton)
- Top with Chandon Blanc de Noirs.
- Serve over ice and garnish with Mini iced gingerbread cookies (homemade or store bought)
- Pour ice into a glass
- Add simple syrup, fresh squeezed juice and ginger liqueur and stir.
- Top with Chandon (about 2-3 parts)
- Garnish and enjoy
- I rolled out leftover gingerbread cookie dough to make the mini gingerbread cookie garnishes. They were cut it into circular shapes using a sprinkles cap and baked in the over for 5 minutes. Once cool I cut out a triangle shape from each circle, to fit on the side of each glass. Use your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe or store bought version to give this garnish a try.
Make the simple syrup a few days in advance so it’s ready to go come new years eve.
Set up a drink station with garnishes and fresh blooms for an elegant touch.Print
Gingerbread Simple Syrup
Homemade simple syrup made with fresh and dried spices, and raw sugar, that tastes just like gingerbread.
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 inch piece of raw ginger peeled
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- Dissolve water and sugar in a pot over medium high heat.
- Add raw ginger and spices and increase heat to boil.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
Now it’s time to get the celebration started!
I’m so looking forward to all that 2016 has in store! 2015 has been a year filled with tons of changes, many of which I’ll be sharing about in the coming weeks. Until then, Happy New Year to you all! Have a safe and memorable holiday and cheers!
This post titled Gingerbread Sparkler was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.