I’m guessing you’re already aware that its National Coffee day today and if you’re just finding out now, there’s still plenty of time to treat yourself! Since I’m not your typical daily coffee drinker, my ode to the observed day comes in the form of my go-to, Chia Pudding. My chia of the day is made with chocolate, coconut and LaVazza’s single origin line coffee and I assure you it tastes just as good as it looks.
Not only does the pudding have great flavor, but it just so happens to be vegan, dairy and gluten free and is full of protein and antioxidants, so this is one Nationally observed food/beverage day you can feel good about celebrating and indulging in.
A rich and decadent chia pudding made with coconut milk, finely ground LaVazza coffee, and cocoa powder. Vegan, Dairy & Gluten Free
- 4 tbsp organic Chia Seeds (I use Nature’s Path)
- 1 tbsp LaVazza Santa Marta grind (run it through a grinder for a finer blend)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp raw honey
- toasted organic coconut, coarsely chopped vegan dark chocolate (check trader joes) and pomegranate seeds for crunch.
- Pour chia seeds into a bowl and stir in coconut milk.
- Add tablespoon of honey to chia and coconut milk mixture.
- Mix together cocoa powder and LaVazza coffee in a dish until blended and then stir into chia mix.
- Stir chia mixture until completely blended, then cover and soak in the fridge.
- Allow the chia mix to soak overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- If chia mix looks dry after soaking, just add more milk and blend. The seeds will soak up any excess liquid and should have a pudding like consistency when it’s ready.
- Spoon into personal sized glassware or mason jars.
- Garnish with coconut, vegan dark chocolate and pomegranate seeds, or toppings of choice.
- Serve Chilled.
- Serving Size: 4
LaVazza’s Santa Marta single origin blend coffee grind has notes of pralines and adds rich smooth favor to my chocolate coocnutty Chia of the day.
I like to call it the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
I definitely plan serving this coffee infused treat at the next brunch gathering I host. Make ahead and dish up in cute mini personalized servings and garnish with your favorite toppings. Or enjoy post workout. Really the options are endless.
How are you celebrating National Coffee Day today?
This post titled Chocolate Coconut & Coffee Chia Pudding was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.
All Images are photographed and owned property of Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2015.