Top of the morning to you all and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! My contribution to today’s celebration is in the form of a very green fruit and chia smoothie, that’s loved by my daughters and been on repeat at my house lately!
The bottom layer is coconut soaked chia, that’s then topped with a tart kiwi, sweet banana and fresh spinach blend.
An incredibly simple breakfast option that’s vegan, dairy free and very fitting for the holiday, in a vibrant shade of green.Print
Coconut milk soaked chia, topped with a fresh kiwi, banana and spinach blend.
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds (I use Nature’s Path)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 fresh kiwis peeled and sliced + 1/2 diced for garnish
- 1 whole banana peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4–6 cubes of ice
- Soak your coconut milk and chia seeds overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon into the bottom of your glass.
- Blend kiwi, banana, milk, ice and spinach on high until smooth.
- Pour over chia pudding.
- Garnish with cubed kiwi.
- Serving Size: 2
Did I mention this smoothie is also loaded with omega-3s, antioxidants and vitamin C?
I hope you give this St. Patrick’s Day smoothie a try! Wishing you all a great start to your day filled with good luck and plenty of green!
Chic glass straws are from CB2.
Thanks for reading!
This post titled Kiwi Chia Smoothies was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.