Cool off with a citrusy and refreshing Frozen Aperol Spritz, blended with frozen oranges, Aperol and Prosecco garnished with dehydrated orange slices.
- 1 cup Aperol poured evenly into an ice cube tray and frozen
- 3 oranges peeled, separated and frozen
- 1/2 cup Prosecco, Champagne or Sparkling wine of choice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed or store bought orange juice
- Additional oranges, sliced and dried/dehydrated for garnish.
- Peel the oranges, and place the orange segments onto a parchment lined tray.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Then pour 1 cup of Aperol evenly into an ice cube tray and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- While the ingredients are freezing, thinly slice an orange into rounds.
- Cut the orange rounds in half, then place in a dehydrator to dry for 3-4 hours.
- The oranges can also be dried in an oven at a low temperature of 150 degrees F.
- Remove orange slices from dehydrator/oven once dried.
- When Aperol and orange segments are fully frozen, pour into a blender with 1/2 cup Prosecco and 1/4 cup fresh squeezed or store bought orange juice.
- Simply blend the ingredients until smooth, thick and frosty.
- Quickly pour the frozen aperol spritz blend evenly into two champagne glasses or coupes.
- Top with a splash of prosecco and dried orange slices for garnish.
- Serve immediately!
- The blended mix can also be made in advance and frozen for up to an hour prior to serving! Cheers!
Use favorite medium to large oranges in this recipe.
Use preferred prosecco/sparkling.
Store bought dried orange slices can also be used for garnish.
Keywords: how to make an aperol spritz, frozen aperol spritz, aperol spritz recipes, summer cocktails, frozen drinks, frozen cocktail recipes, drink recipes, easy summer cocktails, aperitif, Aperol