A delicious unsweetened birthday cake for dogs, made with pumpkin puree, oats, peanut butter and coconut yogurt and peanut butter frosting. Dairy and gluten free.
Gluten free cake:
- 1 cup fine grain almond flour
- 1/4 cup whole grain gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil melted
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp water
Coconut Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 2 containers unsweetened Harmless Harvest coconut yogurt.
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic unsweetened peanut butter
- Bone shaped dog treats
- Additional peanut butter for middle of cake
Gluten Free cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a small 6″ baking pan with coconut oil. You can also place a parchment cutout in the bottom of the pan for easy removal.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together a bowl and set aside.
- Then pour all of the wet ingredients into a separate bowl and mix until combined.
- Once combined, pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
- Pour in 2tbsp of water and transfer cake batter to the baking pan.
- The batter can also be baked in cupcake tins for individual cake servings.
- Bake the cake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a glass cup or circle cutter to cut out two even 3″ circles of cake.
- Set aside while making frosting.
Coconut and peanut butter frosting:
- Simply mix the yogurt and peanut butter together or combined.
- Mix gently for more of a swirled pb and yogurt frosting mix.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on the top of the first cake cutout.
- Top with second cake cutout.
- Then use an offset spatula to spread a thin crumb coat of frosting onto the cake, making sure the entire cake is covered in frosting.
- Transfer to the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Then decorate the chilled cake with the rest of the coconut peanut butter frosting.
- Finish off the cake with candles and dog treats.
- Keep chilled until ready for your pup to enjoy!
This cake can also be kept in 6″ form with frosting spread over the top.
Keywords: Birthday cake for dogs, gluten free dog friendly cake, organic dog safe cake, easy dog cake recipe, baking for dogs, cute cake for dogs,