A creamy cashew based raw cake with a date and nut crust and fresh berry topping. Perfect for summer and the 4th of July. Dairy, Grain, Gluten free.
A spring form pan was used to make this raw cake
For the Crust:
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 1/4 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or in boiling water for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the frosting:
- 1 cups organic shortening
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp organic coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Wilton Star Tip & Piping bag
1 pint fresh raspberries
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 pint fresh blueberries
Toasted unsweetened coconut for garnish.
FOR THE CRUST
- Soak pitted dates in hot water to soften, then drain.
- Pulse them in a food processor until paste like consistency.
- Place the date paste in a bowl, then process walnuts.
- Add dates back to the walnuts along with coconut and salt and process until mixture combines.
- Firmly press the date and pecan mixture into a parchment lined spring form pan.
Coconut Cashew Cake base:
- Drain liquid from cashews.
- Place cashews into the cup of a nutri bullet or blender.
- Pour remaining cheesecake filling ingredients into the blender with the cashews and blend until smooth and creamy. IF mix is too dry, add additional liquid 1 TBSP at a time.
- The cheesecake filling should be thick, smooth and creamy. Once this texture is achieved, pour over the date crust, gently tapping on the counter to smooth out the top.
- Freeze the cheesecake overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Remove frozen cheesecake from freezer and detach the top part of the spring form pan.
- Decoratively garnish one side of the cheesecake with piped frosting stars and top with toasted
- coconut & fresh blueberries.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Make raspberry sauce while cake is in the freezer.
For the Raspberry Sauce:
- Place pint of fresh raspberries into a pot.
- Top with 1/3 cup coconut sugar and lemon juice.
- Heat on high until raspberries begin to break down.
- Stir until thickened and blended, about 5-7 minutes.
- Strain to remove some of the seeds.
- Allow to cool.
To serve raw cake:
- Pull raw cake from freezer and allow 15 minutes to thaw.
- Slice and serve.
- Drizzle with fresh raspberry sauce.
Keywords: cheesecake, raw cake, vegan, coconut, blueberry, no bake dessert, summer desserts, gluten free, cashew