Today I am thankful for Friday! Did you know it’s also national donut day? Since it’s been a long week I think we all deserve to treat ourselves to a donut or two! Agreed?
It’s been a while since I’ve had or made donuts, so I wasted no time baking up a batch for the special observed day…(aka as another excuse to indulge.)
Challenge accepted…times two…since today also happens to be rosé day!
I know…you guys, I don’t make these days up, but they are fun to follow occasionally!
So what do you get when you pair donuts with rosé?!
Rosé Glazed Donuts
Sweet vanilla bean mini donuts, baked not fried and dipped in a grown up rosé glaze. Dairy free and delightfully delicious!
You’ll be surprised to know that when I made the donuts I had no idea that today was also rosé day! I actually found out earlier this morning, which was only confirmation that this recipe/flavor combo is totally meant to be!
Not convinced just yet? Well, then you’ll just have to give them a try! Preferably with a glass of rosé in hand.
Sip, eat, repeat!Print
Sweet vanilla bean mini donuts dipped in a simple and delicious rosé wine glaze. Dairy Free. Baked not fried.
- FOR THE DONUTS
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (regular butter can also be used)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut or canola oil can be used)
- 1 cup raw organic sugar
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond)
- FOR THE ROSE´GLAZE
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- Splash of lemon juice
- Rosé of choice (1 teaspoon at a time) I used 6+ teaspoons.
- Dash of natural red food colors
- FOR THE DONUTS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend together oil, butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Pour a portion of the flour mixture into the egg and sugar, alternating into thirds with 1 cup of milk, until completely combined.
- Pour the mixed batter into a piping bag, cutting the tip with scissors.
- Pipe the batter into the greased donut cavities filling only about 2/3 full.
- Tap the donut pan to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake the mini donuts in the oven for 5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- ROSE’ GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS
- In a stand mixer, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice and a dash of natural red food coloring.
- Add rosé 1 spoonful at a time mixing thoroughly until incorporated.
- When the glaze is ready, it should be a thick slow dripping dip consistency. If it seems too thick add a splash more rosé.
- DIPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Dunk the donuts face down into the glaze.
- Allow the donut glaze to set for at least 20 minutes. You can even place them in the fridge to chill quicker.
There are eggs and gluten in this recipe but both it can be substituted for alternative ingredients. Dairy free ingredients can also be substituted for regular butter.
Keywords: Donuts, rosé, doughnuts, glaze, dairy free desserts, baking
Rosé wine is known as the wine of summer, and actually tastes surprisingly delicious paired with these cute bite sized donuts.
Perhaps its the vanilla bean that gives this unexpected flavor combination such a nice balance!
But don’t just take my word for it! The next time you’re in the baking mood, add these minis to your list to bake! They’ll be done in a flash!
The donuts also make a fabulous and fun party treat for summer parties or just sweet snacking!
Would love to hear how you’re celebrating this sweet foodie day!
Check out the recent recipe for champagne glazed donuts here!
This post titled Rosé Glazed Mini Donuts was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2019.