Stiff royal icing to be used for piping flowers and simple designs.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP Meringue Powder
- 2 TBSP water
- Food colors of choice (I used black, and pink)
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add water and beat on high for about 5 minutes.
- The icing will be very thick.
- Add food coloring and mix icing until the desired color is achieved.
- If the icing looks too thin, add more powdered sugar. It should take on the consistency of thick toothpaste when it’s ready for piping.
- Transfer to piping bags and use immediately.
Keywords: royal icing, recipes, how to