Petite toast topped with assorted fruit and vegan cream cheese. Garnished with magical sprinkles and edible blooms.
- One pack of Petite Toasts from Whole Foods
- Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese (regular dairy cream cheese can be used as well)
- 1/3 cup fresh organic raspberries (rinsed)
- 1/3 cup fresh organic blackberries (rinsed)
- 1/3 cup very ripe mango diced
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar to sweeten (optional)
- fresh edible blooms for garnish
- colorful sprinkles for garnish
FOR THE SPREAD
- Put the fruits into 3 separate bowls – mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. It should be a puree like consistency.
- Add 1 teaspoon of agave nectar to each of the fruit blends for a hint of sweet.
- Divide cream cheese into quarters and then mix 3 of the quarters separately into the fruit.
- You’ll notice the cream cheese takes on the color and flavor of each of the blended fruits.
- Continue to stir until fully incorporated and set aside.
UNICORN TOAST ASSEMBLY
- Using a small appetizer knife, spread fruit cream cheese onto the petite toasts.
- Garnish with sprinkles and petals from edible blooms.
- You can experiment with the look of the toasts by using all 3 spreads on the toast, or just a few.
- Use creativity and decorate them how you wish! The sky is really the limit when it comes to the toppings and design of the toast.
- The quarter of cream cheese that’s left over can also be used on the toast, for color contrast.
- Serve immediately, or place in the fridge until ready.
- The toast holds up nicely to the toppings and can be made a few hours in advance.
- Regular dairy cream cheese can be substituted for the vegan alternative.