Happy Friday/Cinco de Mayo! This week I focused on getting back into the kitchen and back to the blog. As much as I’ve been itching to make macarons, I thought I’d finish off the week with a good cocktail! I’m sure I’m not the only one that could use one! Plus today’s holiday gave me the perfect excuse to work on a new bevy recipe since it’s been a while.Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a gal that loves a good margarita, but I do like to switch things up, so today I have Rhubarb Paloma cocktails for you instead.
RHUBARB PALOMA COCKTAILS
A Paloma IS traditionally made with grapefruit soda, tequila and lime, and served on the rocks. As delicious as they are, I just so happened to make a rhubarb simple syrup earlier in the week, that ended up pairing beautifully with the already delicious flavors of the cocktail.
Since I used fresh squeezed grapefruit juice instead of soda in the cocktail, the rhubarb simple syrup was a welcomed addition.
The subtle sweetness balanced out the tangy flavors perfectly.
The rhubarb paloma is a tart and refreshing tequila cocktail paired with citrus and rhubarb simple syrup, served over ice. Cheers!
- 2 parts Tequila of Choice
- 1 part fresh squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 1 part rhubarb simple syrup
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- 3 parts club soda
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels, rhubarb ribbons and pink himalayan sea salt.
For the Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 stalks of rhubarb cut into small pieces, or peeled into ribbons.
Simple Syrup Instructions
- Bring water, sugar and rhubarb to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Pour syrup through a strainer.
For the Rhubarb Paloma
- Garnish glass rims with salt.
- Pour tequila, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, rhubarb simple syrup and lime juice over ice.
- Top with Club Soda.
- Garnish with lime wheels and fresh rhubarb.
- If you happen to grow rhubarb at home, make a large batch of the rhubarb syrup so you can enjoy it all season long. The flavors come through beautifully and you can basically pour it on everything!
Keywords: rhubarb recipes, drinks, cocktails, paloma, margarita
Now can we talk about the rhubarb ribbons for a minute?
I’ve been obsessed with using rhubarb for garnishes lately, and for good reason.
The ribbons remind me of a rose floating a top the paloma.
I already have plans to enjoy a few of these rhubarb palomas while soaking up the sunshine on my back patio. Be sure to bookmark or pin the recipe so you can do the same! The pretty pink hue makes them a lovely cocktail option for spring and summer parties as well.
I hope you have a festive start to the weekend! Cheers and thanks for reading!
This post titled Rhubarb Paloma was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2017.