Happy Thursday! I hope you’ve all had a great week so far! I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately and wanted to share one of my new favorite combos. It’s a chocolate and coconut smoothie blend, layered with So Delicious Dairy Free yogurt and gluten-free Choconut granola. The yogurt and granola elevate this smoothie to the next level, making it a healthy and filling breakfast or lunch parfait option! Since I’m a sucker for all things chocolate and coconut, and this smoothie parfait tastes like Almond Joy, it’ll be on repeat in the days ahead. It’s also a great go-to for the upcoming So Delicious Dairy Free Challenge, which starts January 23rd!
The So Delicious Dairy Free Challenge goes for 21 days, ending February 12th. That may seem like a long time to go without consuming dairy, but I assure you, your body will thank you.
I’ve actually been dairy free for over 4 years. A journey that began unexpectedly after my youngest daughter was born. She was born severely allergic to all soy and dairy products. While nursing, I had to eliminate them from my diet as well.
Although going dairy free proved to be a challenge for me at first, it wasn’t long before I was adjusting all of my recipes and reading the backs of labels like a pro. I’ve never shared this, but I was diagnosed with asthma at the age of 9. I’ve lived with this condition for over 25 years, but since going dairy free, my asthma has improved immensely and my skin sensitivities have as well. I went from taking asthma medications 2-3 times per day, to only needing a rescue inhaler occasionally.
That’s the reason why all the recipes that I share here are dairy free. All the changes to my health have made me never look back. Although I do admit to indulging in a piece of cheese every now and again.
Ultimately, I’ve learned to bake and cook with dairy free alternatives, like coconut milk, organic shortening and vegan butter. You’d be surprised at how amazing your food turns out. You won’t even miss the dairy.
This Chocolate Coconut Smoothie Parfait is a fitting example of that.Print
Chocolate & Coconut Smoothie Parfait
A naturally sweetened smoothie parfait, layered with homemade granola, dairy free yogurt and a chocolate and coconut smoothie. Fitting for breakfast and lunch and completely dairy and gluten free. The flavors are similar to Almond Joy.
For the Choconut Granola
- 1.5 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetend coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup organic shortening (melted)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/3 cup Vegan chocolate chips and 1/4 cup more coconut shreds for garnish.
For the Parfait
- 16 oz (or 3 5.3 oz Containers) So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Yogurt.
For the Smoothie
- 5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup So delicious coconut yogurt.
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 14 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk (Unsweeted or Sweetened)
- 1.5 to 2 cups ice
- Fresh coconut and dairy free dark chocolate cut into chunks for garnish.
For the Granola
- Preheat oven to 285
- Pour your first 4 ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the melted shortening and agave nectar.
- Pour over the top of granola mix and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake granola in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Check on your granola half way through the baking process and stir.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, stir in your chocolate chips and coconut shreds.
To assemble the parfait
- Spoon a layer of granola onto the bottom of a 6 oz glass
- Spoon 1/3 cups of So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Yogurt over the top of the granola.
- Pour your smoothie ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until fully combined. The chocolate smoothie should be thick. Add more ice if necessary.
- Pour your blended smoothie over the top of the yogurt, filling the glass to the top.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and vegan dark chocolate chunks.
- This smoothie parfait would be a great option for brunch menus. You can prep the granola and yogurt in advance and top with the chocolate coconut smoothie upon serving.
- Serving Size: 3
Sign the pledge and ‘like’ So Delicious over on Facebook for more details and information on the dairy free challenge. You’ll receive a new coupon each week, and all the tools that you need to live a dairy free lifestyle. You’ll also have a chance to win a year’s supply of So Delicious Dairy free products. I hope you join me!
If you do, I’d love to hear about your progress. My blog is a great resource for dairy free treats, like today’s recipe. A good one to get you started. You can also head over to So Delicious for some amazing recipes to try, that will keep you going for the next 21 days.
Going dairy free has completely changed my life and I bet it will change yours too! I look forward to hearing about your story and supporting you along the way!
Thanks for reading!
I received compensation for this sponsored post with So Delicious Dairy Free, but all opinions are my own.
This post titled Chocolate & Coconut Smoothie Parfait was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2017.
Hi Brandi, I meant to leave a comment last week and it got away from me. I love the thought of this smoothie so much and like you I love the combination of chocolate and coconut. And what better way to bring those flavors together than in a smoothie with the creaminess of so delicious yogurt. The granola gives that added crunch and texture. I’m intrigued by the idea of a healthy almond joy 🙂 Thanks for sharing this lovely smoothie parfait.
Posh Little Designs says
Thank you!! You can n bet go wrong with this combo 🙂 The granola has almonds in it, so all the flavors come together like a healthy almond joy!
LOVE these parfaits. That crunch granola on the bottom plus coconut AND chocolate layers… BLISS!
Posh Little Designs says
Thanks so much! They’re a breakfast/lunch must!