2016 is coming to a close and I’m more than ready to kiss it goodbye. Being candid, this year has been far less than sweet, but you know what? We survived! We all survived 2016! The lows and highs, the tears and frustration and now our reward is less than 12 hours away.Yes, friends! 2017 is almost in our grasp, so lets take the time to reflect and celebrate a fresh start, and all that the new year has in store. Whether getting dolled up in a glamorous gown, or staying in pjs to watch the ball drop, I have a sweet champagne meringue kisses for you to make and let me tell you, they’re more than fitting for tonight’s festivities.
Champagne Meringue Kisses
Thinking quite literally, I made meringue kisses infused with a little Limited Edition Chandon x Rebecca Minkoff. Oh yes I went there, because there’s no time like the present to make champagne infused treats.
After all…this is a celebration.
The Chandon champagne gives the crisp, sweet meringues a subtle champagne flavor, that’s recognizable with every bite. You can enjoy the meringues on their own, or use them as a topper for your coupes and glasses as you ring in the new year.
I personally can’t think of a better way to kiss 2016 goodbye.
The chic bottle of Chandon decorated with gold diamonds is an added bonus. Cheers!Print
Meringue kisses infused with Chandon Champagne, for new years eve!
- 3 large egg whites at room temp
- A dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Chandon Champagne (or other champagne of choice)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Prep a piping bag with tips of choice. I used 2. Wilton star tip (4B) & Round tip 12.
- Add egg whites and dash of salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium until foamy.
- Add cream of tarter, increase speed to high and beat in sugar a small amount at a time.
- Next add your champagne.
- Beat on high until stiff peaks form (around 6 minutes).
- Transfer meringue to your piping bag, and pipe kisses onto your parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 1 hour on the top rack, then turn off the oven and keep the meringues put for about 2 hours to dry out.
- Once dry remove from oven.
- Store in a cool dry container until ready to serve.
- Champagne can be substituted for sparkling cider to make these alcohol free, but still festive.
If you’d like to make these meringue kisses kid friendly or non-alcoholic, you can infuse them with your favorite sparkling cider instead.
Either way, I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one!
What are your big plans for this evening? My hubby and I are heading out for dinner and a show with my sister and brother-in-law, which should be a lovely time!
Since this is my last post of 2016, I just want to say thank you to you all, for your love, encouragement and support! There will be plenty of changes to posh this year and I can’t wait to share with you my plans. Wishing you all happiness, love and blessings in 2017!
Happy New Year!
This post titled Champagne Meringue Kisses – NYE was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.