Take plain popcorn to the next level with a few sweet and spooky add ins, fitting for Halloween.
This quick and addictive popcorn mix takes just moments to make, with dark chocolate chips, salty pumpkin seeds and ghostly mini marshmallows.
The marshmallows are super cute and take seconds to decorate using an edible food pen.
DIY MINI MARSHMALLOW GHOSTS
1 pack of all natural mini marshmallows
Black and pink edible food pens
Draw eyes and mouths on your mini marshmallows using your black edible food pens.
Add cheeks to your little ghosts with your pink pen.
Write the words “B O O” on your marshmallows in black & pink.
Allow 15 minutes for the pen to dry on the marshmallows.
Haunted Halloween makeover complete.
I also put together a festive sprinkle mix made with edible silver glitter, black nonpareils, white jimmies, pink sugar pearls and white ghost confetti. Perfect for topping the popcorn mix and adding a necessary touch of posh because more is more right?!
You can find all the sprinkles to make this fun mix in the posh shop.
Popcorn, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, marshmallows and sprinkles make up this festive halloween treat. Dairy & Gluten Free
- 1/2 organic popcorn kernels
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TSP agave nectar
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use eat well brand)
- 1/3 cup organic salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup all natural marshmallows with DIY ghost faces. See instructions above.
- Sprinkle mix (optional)
- Turn your marshmallows into ghosts per the instructions above, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil and agave nectar together in a pot until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pop your popcorn using your popcorn maker. (This can also be made with microwaveable popcorn).
- Pour your coconut oil and agave nectar over the popcorn until fully coated (You don’t have to use it all. There may be some left over)
- Allow popcorn to cool slightly, then mix in your chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- Top with sprinkles and stir, then place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, add your decorated ghost marshmallows and serve.
- Replace pumpkin seeds with nuts of choice. You could also add dried fruit and coconut to this festive popcorn mix. The possibilities are endless!
The sweet and spooky popcorn is a healthy alternative to the sugary processed Halloween treats we’re used to this time of year. Made with organic, all natural dairy free ingredients, it’s a treat you can feel good about serving guests and your littles.
Just be sure to make plenty because it’s likely to disappear quicker than you can say the words B O O!
Serve up your popcorn in small black and white baking cups for an upcoming Halloween party, or store in individual baggies for little ones to enjoy!
More on the way soon!
This post titled Sweet & Spooky was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.