A lightly sweetened cupcake infused with champagne and topped with pink champagne frosting. Perfect for sweet celebrations. (dairy free)
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour ( I use organic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (or regular butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup favorite champagne
- 1/4 cup alternative almond, coconut or milk (optional – I used coconut but any milk can be used)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup Organic Shortening (you can also use butter)
- 3.5 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Champagne
- A splash of vanilla
- A dash of pink gel food colors.
- Edible gold glitter for garnish.
FOR THE CUPCAKES (dairy free)
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and beat in eggs until combined
- With mixer on medium, pour 1/3 dry ingredients into your egg mixture. Then add 1/3 of your champagne and milk of choice (you can combine both liquids and pour them in together.) Continue to alternate dry ingredients and liquid until it’s completely mixed into the batter.
- Once combined,fill liners 1/2 of the way full and bake for roughly 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before piping with frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING (vegan)
- Mix shortening and sugar together in your stand mixer on medium speed.
- Pour in your Champagne & Vanilla and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of your bowl with rubber spatula, then add your food coloring.
- Mix until the frosting is the perfect shade of pink.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with gold glitter.
- This frosting keeps well in the fridge and can be made a few days in advance.
- To turn this into a buttercream, use unsalted butter instead of shortening.
- You can make a small cake, like the one seen in the pictures using this recipe as well.