Happy weekend you guys! We’re on summer break starting Wednesday, and my brain is already in vacation mode. I’m so looking forward to slowing down our mornings and having more time to relax, and enjoy family. The mornings are without a doubt the most busy for us during the week and being honest I often resort to a handful of dry cereal, or half a banana before we rush out the door. I know this isn’t the best look, considering that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but you know how it goes! #momlife
When I do have the time, my favorite breakfasts are smoothie bowls, (which I’ve posted here before) and vegan coconut yogurt with fresh fruit. Leading me to today’s recipe, which is actually a combo of the two.
Strawberry Apricot Smoothie Parfaits
So Delicious coconut milk yogurt, layered with a blended strawberry & tart apricot smoothie, then topped with fresh fruit.
I garnished my smoothie parfaits with dried edible rose petals and the edible rose & vanilla bean meringues I made a few posts back. An elegant pairing of fruity and floral, with a light crunch from the cookie topping and my breakfast go-to for the summer.Print
Layers of coconut milk yogurt, and blended apricot strawberry smoothie make up this elegant breakfast parfait. Garnished with rose meringues.
- 2–3 5oz containers of So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed, halved and hulled
- 5 apricots pitted and halved
- Thinly sliced strawberries and apricot (for topping)
- Dried edible rose petals (for garnish)
- Meringue kisses (optional garnish)
- Spoon or pipe your coconut yogurt into a glass serving dish.
- Blend together your fresh strawberries and apricots in a magic bullet or blender. Add ice or fruit juice if needed.
- Pour 1/4 of your smoothie over the top of your coconut yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and apricots.
- Top with meringue kisses and edible rose upon serving.
- Coconut milk yogurt can be substituted for regular dairy milk.
- Vegan without the meringues.
These simple to make smoothie parfaits would be a fab addition to any brunch menu, since they can be made several hours in advance, are dairy and gluten free, and as you can see, look lovely layered and displayed.
They’re also super versatile with endless fruit and yogurt options and combos, based on your favorites.
Add your meringue cookies upon serving. And enjoy!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
This post titled Strawberry Apricot Smoothie Parfaits was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.