Hope you guys are enjoying your long weekend. The weather has been chilly here but the sun is shining now, just in time for the holiday.
On Saturday I shared some rose and vanilla bean meringues I had made over on instagram. I actually made the meringues earlier last week but my first batch were undercooked and turned out horrible, which you may have seen over on snapchat! After a quick do over, and the proper amount of time in the oven, these crispy cookie delights baked up just right, and have been the perfect little treat to munch on over the holiday weekend!
I know edible rose can be an acquired taste, but I really enjoy the light floral notes it adds to sweet treats, especially when paired with vanilla bean and meringue.
Together they make up quite an elegant little cookie, fitting for all your posh spring and summer celebrations.
Add a dash of pink food color and garnish with edible rose petals for a feminine finishing touch!Print
Sweet meringue kisses infused with rose water and fresh vanilla bean.
- 3 large egg whites at room temp
- A dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Rose water
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Pink gel food coloring
- Pink or red edible roses for garnish (I found mine at Whole Foods)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Prep a piping bag with tips of choice. I used 2. Wilton star tip (4B) & Round tip 12.
- Add egg whites and dash of salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium until foamy.
- Add cream of tarter, increase speed to high and beat in sugar a small amount at a time.
- Next add your rose water and vanilla bean.
- Beat on high until stiff peaks form (around 6 minutes), you can either add a few drops of the pink food coloring to your meringue at this point, or you can dab a little on the inside of your piping bag to create a color swirl effect when you pipe your meringues.
- Transfer meringue to your piping bag, and pipe kisses onto your parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Garnish the tops of your meringues with one rose petal before the go into the oven (optional).
- Bake for 1 hour on the top rack, then turn off the oven and keep the meringues put for about 2 hours to dry out.
- Once dry remove from oven.
- Store in a cool dry container until ready to serve.
The meringues also make adorable garnishes and toppings for treats of all kinds.
Or just enjoy them as is!
While most of us are very fortunate to have Memorial Day off, let’s not forget to honor those who have fought for our freedom and safety!
Thanks for reading! More on the way soon!
This post titled Edible Rose & Vanilla Bean Meringue Kisses was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.