Quick and easy heart truffles made with dried strawberries and high quality dark chocolate chips. Adorable, decadent, delicious.
- 1 1/4 cup “Enjoy Life” brand dark chocolate morsels (69% Cacao)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries ground down to a powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Line a glass pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grind your freeze dried strawberries into a powder using a magic bullet or similar. Strain to remove the seeds and set aside.
- Place your dark chocolate in a heatproof glass dish.
- Pour coconut milk into a sauce pan and heat on medium.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk in 1 tbsp of the strawberry powder.
- Boil for 2 minutes, allowing the strawberries to fully blend into the milk.
- Remove coconut and strawberry mixture from heat and pour it over the chocolate chips.
- Stir with a rubber spatula until coconut mixture melts all the chocolate and blends to form what is known as a ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the parchment lined dish, smoothing out the top with your rubber spatula.
- Cover loosely with saran wrap.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once fully chilled, remove from the dish and place on a solid working board. Remove parchment paper from the bottom and allow about 5 minutes to rest.
- Then cut the ganache into heart shapes using a mini heart cookie cutter (find it in the posh shop)
- Roll each heart shaped truffle into the remaining strawberry powder, or cocoa powder.
- Place each truffle back on a parchment lined sheet and chill until ready to serve.
- If you choose not to use the heart shaped cutter, you can just scoop out the ganache using a melon baller to make rounded truffles instead.