Sliced figs, dipped in dark chocolate and paired with goat cheese and crackers.
- 12–15 Brown Turkey Figs rinsed
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (Dairy Free can be found at Trader Joes)
- Toppings: Raw unsweetened coconut, sea salt, zest from 1 orange and chopped pecans for crunch.
- Goat Cheese
- Crackers of choice
- Slice figs into thin chips and allow to air dry out for a few hours.
- Line a baking sheet in parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat dark chocolate in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave, until fully melted.
- Dip fig chips into dark chocolate and top each with one topping. Raw coconut, sea salt, orange zest or chopped pecans.
- Set aside to cool and allow the chocolate to harden about 30 minutes.
- You can make the figs in advance and place them in the fridge.
- Top crackers with goat cheese and the dark chocolate fig slices and arrange on a plate for for guests to enjoy. You can also leave each of the 3 ingredients separate and allow guests to assemble.
Keywords: figs, goat cheese, dark chocolate, appetizers