Jammy figs infused dipped in rich dark chocolate and sprinkled with sweet and savory toppings. The bitter chocolate balances the sweetness of the fruit with toppings for crunch.
- 12–15 Brown Turkey Figs rinsed
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (Dairy Free can be found at Trader Joes)
- Toppings: Raw unsweetened coconut, sea salt, zest from 1 orange and chopped pecans for crunch.
- Slice figs into halves.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat dark chocolate in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in the microwave, until fully melted.
- Dip fig halves in dark chocolate and top each with toppings. Raw coconut, sea salt, orange zest or chopped pecans.
- Set aside to cool and allow the chocolate to harden, about 30 minutes.
- You can make the figs in advance and place them in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days if you choose, however they turned out best for me when made the night before.
- Serve with your holiday cheese course, favorite red wine, or use them to top ice-cream.
Use vegan/dairy free chocolate to make this vegan friendly.
Keywords: figs, dark chocolate, baking, recipes, vegan, dairy free, healthy