Honored to learn that one of my dear fellow bloggers, Thuy, from Crafteaheart recently nominated me for the Liebster Award! Liebster stands for “dearest or beloved” in German, and is an award passed forward from blogger to blogger, for welcoming, encouragement and community. It’s for bloggers with under 1000 followers and participating means you get the opportunity to meet new bloggers and learn more about your favorites as well. Win win!
Thuy from Crafteaheart and I met some time last year, and both share a love for crafting and creativity. Be sure to visit her lovely blog for some ah-mazing recipes, crafts, and inspiring words of wisdom. I’m happy to be among the many talented bloggers she nominated and also to accept.
Thanks much girl!! <3
In return, I get to nominate 11 of my favorites and share a little bit more about myself. In acceptance of the award, you also do the following:
*Link back to the person who has nominated you.
*Share 11 facts about yourself.
*Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
*Nominate 11 people who deserve the award.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Once published, visit the bloggers you’ve nominated to share the news!
Here’s 11 random facts about me:
1. I haven’t eaten beef or pork since the age of 12. No specific reason other than the fact that I no longer liked the way it tasted.
2. I come from a family with a creative and artistic background. My father was a jazz musician, and my mother is a wonderful writer and such a huge source of inspiration for me .
3. My husband and I are high school sweethearts and have been together since the ages of 15 and 17.
4. I do pilates regularly.
5. I’m not much of a fan of red wine. I prefer white, or sparkling wine.
6. I obsess over parties and weddings and would plan mine again in a heartbeat if I had the chance. I think a vow renewal is on the horizon.
7. I love house, EDM and jazz.
8. I might be slightly addicted to french macarons.
9. I believe every room should have a chandelier, or a tufted piece.
10. Currently digging white on white.
11. I can come up with any excuse to throw a celebration or make a sweet treat, or craft. No joke.
11. My husband and 2 girls are the absolute loves of my life.
Answers to 11 Q’s from Thuy @ Crafteaheart
1. Where would you travel to if you can pick up and go right now? Most definitely Paris. It’s been on my list of places to visit for years now and I cannot wait to travel there and experience all that the city has to offer.
2. Who is your role model and why? My mother without a doubt. She has taught me to be kind-natured, loving and empathetic and has instilled in me great morals and values. She is the reason I am the woman I am today and has blessed me with some amazing creative genes.
3. What is your favorite recipe? By far my favorite is the homemade mac and cheese. A family recipe that my mom came up with years ago. We only make it twice a year during Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it’s the few times that I cheat and go against my dairy free diet. It’s way too good to pass up!
4. What recipe or craft would you like to see on my blog (Crafteaheart). All of your recipes look amazing Thuy. How about an iced tea recipe? As for crafts, the crepe paper flowers were fabulous. I’d love to see a typography related craft or DIY.
5. What is a must read/watch book/movie on your list? I wish I had more time for both of these. I can’t remember the last time I did either. Random I know, but my favorite movie has always been Dirty Dancing…lol! As for books, I’m going to pick: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, in honor of the late and phenomenal Maya Angelou.
6. Name two things on your bucket list. It would definitely have to be traveling and more traveling overseas. France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece to name a few.
7. What is your favorite font and why? I love me some calligraphy and hope to take a class some day! My favorite font is currently: Young and Beautiful.
8. List what you have learned so far via blogging. I have been blogging for a few years now, and still feel like I have so much to learn, but have discovered much about my strengths and weaknesses in the process. I’ve developed more photography related knowledge, but still need to gain a better understanding of SEO. If there is one piece of advice I could give, and one of the most important things I’ve learned about blogging, is to be personal, inviting, and always yourself.
9. Which category has the most visits on your blog today? It’s a toss-up between DIY’s and Parties.
10. Do you collect anything? If yes, what? Well, I seem to have a neverending supply of party decor, so I guess you could say that I collect that. When I have more pantry space, I would love to start a collection of cake stands.
11. What is your favorite type of outfit? I usually mix and match trendy pieces with go-to items in my closet. high-waisted denim is my favorite right now as are patterned bottoms. I usually pair them with a blouse and blazer or a leather jacket.
Here are My 11 Nominees:
all fabulous and so worth visiting and following...here they are in no particular order:
J Style Insider: My stunning sis Ja’Niya, shares her fabulous street style and fashion tips in addition to her one-of-a-kind vision as a stylist and trendsetter based in Los Angeles, CA.
lvbaby: One of my first followers here on Posh, Ali shares snippets about life with her little one, recipes and inspiration.
Prete-Moi Paris: One of my favorites!! All about Paris and Melissa’s life in the city. You’ll see everything from photos that transport you to Paris, to fashion and street style, inspiration, restaurants and travel tips.
100daysofevelyn – Love Evelyn’s posts! Her recipes look like art pieces. Always inspired when I visit her blog!
Conker & Indigo Makes – Recipes, food and inspiration from lovely Camilla. Add her Lavender Biscuits with crunchy caramel to your “must try” list!
Brandie Sellers – You’re sure to find genuine and relatable lifestyle posts over at Brandie Sellers blog. Her most recent mug DIY is a favorite of mine.
Pragmaticpinup – I always appreciate bloggers that offer alternative recipes like Kristina! All of her’s are GF, and of course look delicious as well!
Pearls and Lace - Jen of Pearls and Lace is not only gorgeous, she has style and takes stunning photos. Visit her lovely blog for gorg captures, fashion looks of the day and plenty of inspiration.
BEPCity – Delicious recipe, after delicious recipe and there’s something on Becky’s blog for everyone, with wonderful photos to boot!
Hadorable – I just recently came across Ha’s blog and I’m happy I did. Easily one of my new favorites, modern and chic with loads inspiration, beautiful photos and more about Paris <3
Treatsandtrends -Find everything from sweet recipes, DIYs and trendy style on Jamie’s blog. Her most recent Peanut Butter cookie dough Oreos look and sound divine.
11 Questions for my Nominees
1. Macarons or Cupcakes and why?
2. Name your favorite book, or favorite author.
3. Name one of the moments in life you are most proud of?
4. Your fashion must have?
6. Of all the posts you’ve written, which is your favorite? (Link)
6. Name 3 items you can’t leave home without.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
8. What inspires you?
9. Share your favorite food or recipe?
10. What is 1 piece of advice you can offer to fellow bloggers?
11. Words to live by?
I have to say, I fully understand if any of my nominees are not able to participate in accepting the Liebster award at this time. I have been nominated in the past and due to a hectic schedule was not ever able to get around to sharing a post. So to the lovely ladies who have nominated me for awards previously, I thank you all, so much and am happy to FINALLY return the favor! For those of you who can participate, thank you and congrats! I look forward to learning more about you all.
More to share soon!