Sweet vanilla bean mini donuts dipped in a simple and delicious rosé wine glaze. Dairy Free. Baked not fried.
- FOR THE DONUTS
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (regular butter can also be used)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut or canola oil can be used)
- 1 cup raw organic sugar
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond)
- FOR THE ROSE´GLAZE
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- Splash of lemon juice
- Rosé of choice (1 teaspoon at a time) I used 6+ teaspoons.
- Dash of natural red food colors
- FOR THE DONUTS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend together oil, butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Pour a portion of the flour mixture into the egg and sugar, alternating into thirds with 1 cup of milk, until completely combined.
- Pour the mixed batter into a piping bag, cutting the tip with scissors.
- Pipe the batter into the greased donut cavities filling only about 2/3 full.
- Tap the donut pan to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake the mini donuts in the oven for 5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- ROSE’ GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS
- In a stand mixer, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice and a dash of natural red food coloring.
- Add rosé 1 spoonful at a time mixing thoroughly until incorporated.
- When the glaze is ready, it should be a thick slow dripping dip consistency. If it seems too thick add a splash more rosé.
- DIPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Dunk the donuts face down into the glaze.
- Allow the donut glaze to set for at least 20 minutes. You can even place them in the fridge to chill quicker.
There are eggs and gluten in this recipe but both it can be substituted for alternative ingredients. Dairy free ingredients can also be substituted for regular butter.
Keywords: Donuts, rosé, doughnuts, glaze, dairy free desserts, baking