December was a whirlwind, Christmas came and went and now here I sit on this final day of 2018.
You guys, I truly hope this year and holiday season has been good to you! Although I’m not sure how we got here so quickly, overall it was a good year for me! The highlight of 2018 was traveling to France and also the growth that I experienced as a brand. I welcomed new collaborations and had the opportunity to improve my photography. I created some successful new products for the shop and baked my heart out!
Now as I reflect on 2018, I feel very ready to welcome the new year, but not first without a sweet treat to celebrate!
Champagne Glazed Donuts
We’ll be staying close to home as we ring in the new year and I’ve got the perfect treat for dessert!
Baked donuts, topped with a simple yet festive grown up glaze, suited perfectly for new year’s eve.
If you’re wondering about the glaze, it’s made with just 3 ingredients, including a dash of champagne! The champagne although subtle, adds just enough festive flavor to the lightly sweetened cake donuts, making them a must try for the new year!
The edible silver glitter adds a sparkling finishing touch!
Now you can have your champagne and eat it too, as the clock strikes midnight!
Homemade baked vanilla donuts topped with a simple champagne glaze. Perfect for celebrations of all kinds!
- FOR THE DONUTS
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (regular butter can also be used)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut or canola oil can be used)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond)
- FOR THE CHAMPAGNE GLAZE
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- Splash of lemon juice
- Champagne of choice (1 teaspoon at a time)
- Edible silver glitter (for garnish)
- FOR THE DONUTS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend together oil, butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Pour a portion of the flour mixture into the egg and sugar, alternating into thirds with 1 cup of milk, until completely combined.
- Pour the mixed batter into a piping bag, cutting the tip with scissors.
- Pipe the batter into the greased donut cavities filling only about 2/3 full.
- Tap the donut pan to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove baked donuts from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- CHAMPAGNE GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS
- In a stand mixer, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Add champagne 1 spoonful at a time mixing thoroughly until incorporated.
- When your glaze is ready, it should be a thick slow dripping dip consistency. If it seems too thick add a splash more champagne.
- DIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
- Dunk the donuts face down into the glaze.
- Sprinkle with edible glitter.
- Allow the donut glaze to set for at least 20 minutes. You can even place them in the fridge to chill quicker.
There are eggs and gluten in this recipe but both it can be substituted for alternative ingredients. Dairy free ingredients can also be substituted for regular butter.
The cake donuts are dairy free and just lightly sweetened with coconut sugar in the batter, a good balance to the boozy glaze on top. They’re also a quick and easy treat option for a last-minute celebration, taking roughly an hour to make from start to finish.
Although I made the donuts for New Year’s Eve, they would be perfect for just about any celebration!
And now a toast!
Thank you for supporting me and for being a big part of the reason I create and share every day! I am so thankful and very much looking forward to all that’s in store in 2019! I wish you an amazing start and a sweet celebration no matter how you celebrate tonight!
Raising a glass and some donuts to all of you!
This post titled Champagne Glazed Donuts was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2018.