When the weeks are hectic and there’s little extra time for baking, but you’re still craving cookies. You could make a run to the grocery store, or you could set aside roughly 15 minutes to whip up today’s quick treat!
When I say quick, I mean it. These pb cookies require only 6 ingredients, that you most likely already have on hand in the pantry!
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
And they are DIVINE!
Lately I’ve been experimenting with a grain less and gluten-free diet, so these flourless cookies check all the boxes. And the best thing about them is that you won’t even miss the flour!
Packed with all-natural crunchy peanut butter, peanut butter powder and only sweetened with coconut sugar (before adding the chocolate, that is.)
I do admit they aren’t the prettiest cookies I’ve ever made, but dunking them in vegan dark chocolate dressed them up to perfection!
Naturally I decided to sprinkle the chocolate dipped pb cookies with sea salt, since they go hand in hand.
There’s not much better than this sweet and salty, peanutty combo! Soft and chewy too!
If I could hand you one through the screen right now, I would!Print
Quick and easy flourless peanut butter cookies, dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt.
- For the cookies:
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder (I use PB Fit)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- For the garnish:
- 6 oz dairy free dark chocolate (2 bars)
- Coarse sea salt
- Mix ins: 2 TBSP cacao nibs (optional)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the peanut butter, coconut sugar, peanut butter powder, egg, vanilla and (cacao nibs) in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Take dough, 1 TBSP at a time and roll in your hands, to create rounds.
- Place the rounds of cookie dough on a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Flatten the rounds of dough with a fork to make the classic crosshatch pb cookie design on each.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes then turn the cookies and bake for an additional 5 minutes.10 minutes total.
- Allow to cool.
- For the garnish:
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
- Dip cooled pb cookies in the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on top. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- All 20 minute to set.
This recipe is dairy and gluten free.
adapted from The Food Network
If you’re feeling a little bit fancy mix in some extras. Cacao nibs, coconut or even dried fruit will kick the pb cookies up a notch.
I personally loved the bitterness and extra crunch from cacao nibs.
But they’ll be delicious no matter how you decide to make them!
I sure hope you give them a try as well as this version made with tahini!
Have a sweet Thursday!
This post titled Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2018.