When I think of summer entertaining, charcuterie always comes to mind! Charcuterie is a delicious collection of assorted meats, cheeses, crackers, breads and accompaniments and is always seems to be a hit amongst hosts and their guests!
What I love most about charcuterie is how easy and customizable it can be, based on seasons, flavors and themes. While we’re nearing the end of summer, today’s spread features the freshest stone fruit I could find!
I actually envisioned gathering the fruit for my board from those side of the road fruit stands, but we’re a bit too late in the season for that. Fortunately the selections at the local market were just as good! I picked rainier cherries and peaches as the main attractions, and the remaining elements of the board, based on complimentary flavors and colors. The neutral tones and soft summer-like hues, offer a decorative touch to this visually appealing spread!
Although this stone fruit charcuterie board is a bit on the sweet side and does not feature traditional meats, it has everything necessary for afternoon indulging.
While the peaches and cherries are tart and sweet, the salty brie and nutty marcona almonds provide balance, as do the crisp crackers and rich honeycomb.
French macarons, and fresh roses elevate the board for an elegant finish to this go-to summer party treat.
Perfect for an end of meal dessert option and pairs deliciously with almost any spirit or beverage of choice.
- 1 marble or wood board.
- 2 peaches. One sliced into rounds and the other for garnish or slicing on the board.
- 1.5 cups rainier cherries.
- 3/4 cup salted marcona almonds.
- 1 triangle of french imported brie.
- Raw or salted cashews.
- 1 cube of raw honeycomb.
- Crackers or toast points of choice.
- French macarons for a sweet finish. Store bought will do!
- Roses or flowers of choice for garnish.
- Start by arranging the peaches and cherries on the board. Place them on opposite ends of each other for visual appeal.
- Place the cheese next to the cherries and the marcona almonds next to the peaches.
- Leave room for the dish of honeycomb and place the french macarons directly across from it.
- Fill the empty spaces with crackers, toasts and nuts.
- Garnish with fresh blooms or herbs.
- Serve charcuterie with small appetizer forks, cheese knives, plates and don't forget the wine!
The plating possibilities for charcuterie are endless, as are the delightful options for pairings.
Customize the board how you and your guests prefer and enjoy together over good conversation and a glass or two of rosé! Check my tips below to make the perfect charcuterie board of your own!
Tips for a well-rounded charcuterie board:
Choose a theme. Opt for 3 salty/savory elements such as olives, meats and nuts. Select at least one soft and creamy cheese and one hard cheese. Incorporate 2+ sweet elements, such as fresh fruit, dried fruit or even chocolate. Include condiments like dijon mustard, compote and/or jam. Round out the board with crunchy crackers, parmesan tuiles and toasted bread. Add an element of surprise with something sweet like cookies, macarons, or fresh herbs to cleanse the palate.
Stone Fruit Charcuterie was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2018.