Memorial Day weekend is known as the unofficial start of summer and I have frozen vanilla peach bellinis on hand to celebrate! After a very busy month of May, we made a batch over the long weekend, that my hubby and I enjoyed while soaking up the sunshine on our patio. The weekend prior was our youngest’s 6th birthday party celebration (more on that soon,) so we took full advantage of the down time and the flowing cocktails.
Frozen Vanilla Peach Bellinis
You really can’t go wrong when it comes to this quintessential summer fruit. Peaches are delicious in fresh form, but even better when blended into a cocktail. Agreed?! Especially when frozen, ideal for cooling off on those hot summer days! The addition of the homemade peach and vanilla bean simple syrup adds a special sweetness to the bellinis that not only compliments the peaches, but brings out the fruity notes of the sparkling wine.
As an added bonus, you can basically use the homemade simple syrup on everything this summer!
A few shots of gluten-free vodka, sets this cocktail off on a whole new level, but don’t worry friends. The bellini’s can also be made alcohol free!
With or without alcohol, be sure to bookmark these for summer because they’ll be worth making over and over again!
A mix of fresh and frozen peaches, blended with peach and vanilla simple syrup, a splash of vodka and finished with sparkling wine. Served in champagne coupes. Suitable for brunch and summer time sipping.
For the Bellinis
- 2 fresh organic peaches cut from the pit
- 2 cups (16 oz) Frozen organic peaches
- 2 parts Peach vanilla bean simple syrup (two shots) Recipe below.
- 2 parts Gluten Free vodka (2 shots)
- 1.5 cups sparkling wine or prosecco
- Fresh peach slices and vanilla bean for garnish (optional)
For the Peach Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
- 2 organic peaches cut from the pit
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 Vanilla bean pod sliced open with the seeds removed.
For the Simple Syrup
- Place the peaches, sugar, water and vanilla bean pod (and seeds) into a pot.
- Mash the peaches with a potato masher.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium and cook for an addition 5-10 minutes. The longer the simple syrup is cooked, the more flavor it will have.
- Pour syrup through a strainer and transfer to mason jars or bottles.
- Allow to cool, then place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the Frozen Vanilla Peach Bellinis
- Place fresh peaches, frozen peaches, simple syrup, vodka and sparkling wine in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to champagne glasses or coupes of choice.
- Garnish with fresh peaches and vanilla bean.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Simple syrup will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.
- To make these bellinis virgin and free of alcohol, omit the vodka completely and use club soda in place of the sparkling wine.
- Serving Size: 4
Bellinis are traditionally made with prosecco but I didn’t have any on hand, so I used sparkling wine instead. I personally prefer sparkling wine to be on the dryer side but the recipe is very versatile so they’ll be delicious however they’re made!
Now I’m looking forward to serving these bellinis at my next brunch. I might just have to make a double or even a triple batch.
Cheers all! Here’s to a short week! I have some exciting news to share soon, as well as the party deets from my daughter’s birthday coming up!
This post titled Frozen Vanilla Peach Bellinis was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2018