Chai has been my favorite tea beverage for as long as I can remember. From its earthy spices to its fragrant ginger aromas, I look forward to having a mug full on most mornings. Although I prefer my chai tea hot, it’s just as good when iced, especially during the warmer months!
Now that the holidays are over, I’m back on my healthy grind and back to blending up smoothie bowls for breakfast. On Sunday I replaced my mug full of chai with a Bhakti Chai Smoothie Bowl. I used Bhakti Chai concentrate to make the bowl and blended it up to a smooth and creamy vegan consistency, with cashew milk. All Bhakti Chai products are craft brewed, vegan and sustainable, made by a single Mom of twins. In addition to Bhakti’s delicious taste, the story behind the brand is inspiring, with mission to give back. It’s a brand you’ll feel great about supporting. Find out more here.
Bhakti Chai concentrate comes sweetened and unsweetened. They also carry a variety of cold brews, including decaf and with alternative milks (my fav.) For today’s recipe I used the sweetened concentrate, but it’s not too sweet, and balanced with the cashew milk.
To achieve the spoonable consistency, I made the smoothie bowl with two frozen bananas and cashew milk. Then topped with a variety of raw fruits and seeds for crunch and texture. The caffeine from the chai adds a nice energy boost, to kickstart your morning before or even after a workout!
Creamy, cool, and delicious!
Bhakti Chai Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup Bhakti Chai Concentrate (original)
- 3/4 cup cashew milk. I used Elmhurst brand.
- 1 cup ice.
- 2 sliced frozen organic bananas.
- Toppings: roasted cacao nibs, dried cranberries, unsweetened coconut shreds, and raw sliced almonds.
- Remove frozen sliced bananas from freezer and place in the cup of a blender. I use a Nutribullet.
- Pour in ice, Bhakti chai and cashew milk. Blend
- The chai blend should be thick and spoonable. If too thick you can blend in a little extra cashew milk. A little goes a long way.
- Evenly spoon Chai smoothie blend into 2 separate bowls.
- Layer evenly with toppings of choice. Almonds, coconut, cranberries and cacao nibs.
- Serve immediately!
- You can adjust the toppings to your favorites.
This chai smoothie bowl is flavorful and packed with antioxidants and healthy ingredients! It’s like the best of both worlds, having your morning tea and breakfast in one.
If you’re a lover of smoothie bowls like myself, be sure to add this to your must make list and be sure to visit Bhakti to find out more about their delicious tea products and mission to give back.
Wishing you all a great rest of the week!
This post titled Bhakti Chai Smoothie Bowl was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2018.