Happy New Year’s Eve!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! What a year 2017 has been. It started off a little rough, with the construction delays of our new home and hand surgery for me, but the rough times definitely gave us plenty to look forward to as Spring and summer arrived. Moving into our new home in April, after many delays was the highlight! Along with the travels and the sweet projects that I worked on in-between. Now that I can look back and reflect, I feel super positive about what’s in store and thankful for all the experiences of 2017 that brought me to this moment.
Thank you all for helping make 2017 so memorable for me, both here and though my social channels! I am raising a glass to all of you, with a sweet twist on my favorite champagne cocktail, in French 75 Gummy Bear form.
The French 75 is a classic concoction made with gin, simple syrup, lemon juice and topped with champagne. The recipe is also simple in candy form and only takes an hour to chill, so there’s plenty of time to make a batch of grown up gummies today and enjoy them as you watch the ball drop tonight!
You can use the sweet gummy bears as a garnish, share them with friends or keep them all to yourself as the clock strikes midnight!
FRENCH 75 GUMMY BEARS
Sweet & celebratory!
- 1.5 oz Hendricks Gin
- 2 oz lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon (optional)
- 4.5 oz quality Champagne.
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 3.5 tbsp fish gelatin (personal preference- regular gelatin can also be used)
- BPA free silicone gummy bear molds (2) with dropper
- Fill 1 cup (measuring) with gin, lemon juice and champagne.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan with sugar, gelatin and lemon zest
- Whisk on medium for 3 minutes until all sugar and gelatin has dissolved and the mixture begins to bubble and thicken.
- Transfer French 75 mixture to a separate dish.
- Using the dropper (that comes with gummy bear mold), squeeze the French 75 mixture into each gummy bear mold, repeating steps until all cavities are filled.
- Transfer to fridge.
- Chill for One hour (or overnight).
- They should remove from the molds easily.
- Keep chilled in an airtight container until served. They taste better and keep their form better when chilled. Keep any leftovers chilled.
- I ordered my fish gelatin from Amazon. It's a great alternative to regular gelatin.
My hubby and I are off to Vancouver with my sis and brother-in-law for the night. How are you celebrating New Year’s Eve?
I can’t wait to share more exciting work with you in 2018! Thanks for being a part of my journey! May your New Year be sweet, and memorable, just like all of you!
This post titled French 75 Gummy Bears was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2017