Happy November! Today happens to be my birthday and I’m celebrating by toasting with two of my favorite things. Wine and gummy bears! Not just any gummy bears though, these ones in particular are of the grown up variety, infused with real red wine.
Thanks to the lovely gals over at Speak Wines, I already had a fabulous Malbec to use to make these boozy grown up bears. I followed the awesome recipe from Cooking With Janica, and in a matter of minutes, I had my own wine gummies!
You guys! These boozy wine bears are so quick to make, and can easily be adjusted using any wine or spirit of your choice. Hello champagne gummies (coming soon)!
Before we get to the recipe, I want to talk about this beautiful bottle of wine from Speak Wines. The label reading ” You’re a Fox” has birthday vibes written all over it. I reserved it specifically for my special occasion! You could do the very same, as I know so many lovely ladies that would appreciate a bottle like this on their special day! If you’re loving the look of this bottle be sure to visit Speak Wines site! They’re wines are perfect for sharing amongst your girls, for gifting, or turning into to gummy bears, like I’ve done here.
RED WINE GUMMY BEARS
The wine gummy bears are made with fish gelatin, an optional alternative to regular beef/pork gelatin.
- 1 cup Speak Wines Malbec (red)
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 3 tbsp fish gelatin (personal preference- regular gelatin can also be used)
- BPA free silicone gummy bear molds (2) with dropper
- Pour wine, sugar and fish gelatin into a saucepan.
- Whisk on medium low for 2-3 minutes until all sugar and gelatin has dissolved.
- If you'd like some of the alcohol content from the wine to remain in the gelatin mixture, do not heat above 90 degrees F. You'll need a candy thermometer to track the temperature.
- Transfer wine mixture to a separate dish.
- Using the dropper, squeeze the wine mixture into each gummy bear mold, repeating steps until all cavities are filled.
- Transfer to fridge.
- Chill for an hour and 30 minutes.
- They should remove from the molds easily.
- Keep chilled in an airtight container until served. Keep any leftovers chilled.
- I ordered my fish gelatin from Amazon. It's a great alternative to regular gelatin.
Here’s an up close look at the little wine cuties! Be sure to keep them out of reach of your little ones.
Confession. I’ve been going back to the fridge all day to sneak the boozy little bears. They’re addictive and actually pack a bit of a punch! Since I’m celebrating my birthday, it’s totally acceptable to indulge, am I right?! #wineoclocksomewhere.
I can’t can’t think of a better way to raise a glass/gummy to what’s been one of the sweetest years I’ve ever had! As I turn a year older (36 to be exact) I want to thank you all for your continued support love. It really does mean the world to me!
I hope you give these grown up gummies a try! Also, don’t forget to check out all the fabulous wines from Speak Wines!
Cheers & love!
Wine for today’s recipe is provided by Speak Wines.
Red Wine Gummy Bears was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All rights reserved. 2017.