Last week before leaving for Chelan, I made Ice Cream floats to celebrate National Ice Cream Day. Although ice cream day now over, July is considered National ice cream month! That means we have an excuse to eat ice cream until the end of July without feeling guilty! Ok…that might be taking things a bit far but after you see today’s float, you might just consider it.
Lavender is my go-to during summer. I enjoy picking sprigs from my back deck and turning it into a quick simple syrup to use treats and cocktails. Because lavender pairs beautifully well with lemon, it didn’t take long for me to decide on this flavorful combo for ice cream floats. Unlike traditional floats, this seasonal version is made with vegan cashew milk ice cream and calorie free lemon sparkling water. The lavender simple syrup is made organic cane sugar, so you won’t be counting calories while sipping!
Light, creamy and delicious.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup dried culinary lavender buds
- One pint of So Delicious Vanilla Cashew Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp lavender simple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon Sparkling Perrier
- Fresh lavender sprigs and lemon wedges for garnish.
- Bring water, sugar and lavender to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour syrup through a strainer.
- Fill 2 stemless flutes with 4 scoops of cashew milk ice cream.
- Pour lavender syrup and lemon juice over the ice cream.
- Top with sparkling lemon Perrier.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and lavender sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe can also be made with any ice cream of choice.
Of all the vegan ice creams I’ve tried, So Delicious cashew milk is at the top of my list. It’s the closest I’ve found to dairy ice cream, in terms of texture and flavor. It’ so float worthy! What’s your favorite?
The ingredients for these floats can be prepped in advance, so really they’re perfect for your next summer gathering!
Spike with your favorite liquor for a grown up twist! Or just cool off with one (or two) on the back patio!
Stemless flutes and glass straws are linked below!
Lemon & Lavender Ice Cream Floats was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2017.