I’ve experimented with many smoothie bowls over the years, but I’m certain today’s dreamy tropical blend is my new favorite! Pineapple and coconut pair super well together, so that’s what I used to make the base of this heavenly bowl.
It was the pineapple coconut macarons that I made for end of school year gifts that inspired today’s recipe. From flavor to color scheme. I took the inspiration a step further, garnishing the smoothies with leftover macarons.
When topped with the fresh dragon fruit and edible rose, the flavors are like a vacation for your taste buds.
Creamy and delicious, dairy and gluten-free, naturally sweetened and packed with vitamin c and fiber! The smoothie bowl is also filling enough to work as a breakfast/lunch replacement and will leave you feeling satisfied.
A must try smoothie for the summer months ahead!
TROPICAL SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 3 cups fresh organic pineapple cut into chunks and frozen.
- 1/2 organic banana
- Coconut cream from 1 can of reduced fat organic coconut milk + 1/2- 3/4 cups coconut water from can.
- 2 cups ice
- Melon balled dragon fruit, pinke edible rose, unsweetened dried coconut, pineapple coconut macarons (optional). (see link below for macaron recipe)
- Blend pineapple, banana, coconut cream, coconut water and ice together. I add the coconut water 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- The smoothie should be thick enough to hold the garnishes on top and to enjoy with a spoon.
- Pour into to small serving bowls.
- Garnish with dragon fruit, edible rose and dried coconut.
- Add one macaron of choice as a finishing touch.
The secret to a good smoothie bowl is its thickness. You want to be able to eat the smoothie with a spoon and have it be thick enough to hold the garnishes on top, so keep that in mind if you try this recipe. Adding the liquid a little bit at a time will help you achieve the desired consistency.
For serving, I can see this summer bowl on brunch and breakfast menus, or enjoyed after a workout! The macaron garnish is like the cherry on top and the only added sugar to the recipe.
Looking for a good macaron recipe? You can find my go-to
Bakery macarons also work well with this smoothie bowl, just be sure to eat the macaron right away so it doesn’t go soggy.
Gold spoons are a pretty pairing with the bowls, and can be found via the link below!
Happy wednesday! Comment below if you decide to give this smoothie bowl a try! You can also enter my watch giveaway here if you haven’t already!!
Tropical Smoothie Bowl was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2017.