Happy Weekend! Hope you guys are all ready for the holidays! I needed a quick and easy treat to bring to my youngest daughter’s program earlier last week, so I made marbled Oreos again. You may recall me sharing them back in September for a baby shower that I hosted. This time, I added a festive touch by using red and green food colors peppermint oil and sprinkles from the shop.
Peppermint Marble Oreos
Once the marble icing dried, I dressed them up with fitting words to add some holiday cheer. Ho Ho Ho!
I’ve seen the Marbled Oreos made with white chocolate, but I chose to use royal icing to keep them dairy free for myself and my daughter. I also bought my Oreos from Whole Foods, to keep them hydrogenated oil free.
No baking required, very little mess, and they look so lovely once they dry!Print
Store-bought Oreos, dipped in marbled royal icing with a hint of peppermint and festive garnishes. Dairy Free
FOR THE ROYAL ICING
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP Meringue Powder
- 1/4 warm water (+ extra to thin icing)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- FOR THE OREOS
- Food Coloring (red & green)
- Festive Sprinkles
- Edible Food Pen (optional)
FOR THE ROYAL ICING
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add extract and water and beat on high for about 5 minutes.
- The icing will be very thick. Add warm water a few drops at time for dipping consistency.
FOR THE OREOS
- Separate your royal icing into two bowls.
- Add 5-6 drops of food coloring to each bowl of icing.
- Using toothpicks, swirl the food colors together to create a marbled effect.
- Dunk your Oreos into the marbled royal icing.
- Allow any excess to drip off, and then garnish with sprinkles.
- Repeat these steps, adding more food coloring to the icing as needed.
- Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Once your Oreos have dried completely (about 1 hour) they’re ready for holiday writings like, “Ho Ho Ho” and “Merry Everything” as seen in the photos.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- You can dunk the sides or the tops of each Oreo. They look gorgeous either way!
If you’re in a pinch and have a Christmas party you’re heading to soon, you can quickly make these, in just a few simple steps as seen below.
Dip the tops or the sides of the Oreos and display them on a cake stand or platter for your upcoming holiday celebrations.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I’ll have a few more posts coming to the blog later this week!
This post titled Peppermint Marble Oreos was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.