Happy 4th of July! I’ve been feeling under the weather all week, so my plans for the holiday weekend kind of went out the window, but that’s ok because we have 4th festivities happening at home and my family will be celebrating with us later this afternoon.
My brother was actually born on the 4th, so the holiday was always a big deal for us growing up. I fondly remember my mom making cherry pie each year, and that dessert is one of my favorites to this day. That being said, making cherry pie for the 4th this year was a must, but instead of one large pie, I chose to create individual servings for each of us to enjoy, since mini everything is much more my style.
My love for cherry pie naturally became the inspiration for our 4th signature cocktail as well!
It’s made with Thatcher’s Organic Small Batch Vodka, complete with a pie crust and cherry garnish, and I’ve appropriately named it the Cherry Pie Martini.
This all american fave is simple to make, made with vanilla & cinnamon infused cherry juice, amaretto and Thatcher’s Organic Small Batch Vodka.
And it tastes just like pie in a glass.
A classic dessert cocktail that’s perfect for sipping and celebrating Independence day!
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 5 parts Organic Tart Cherry Juice
- 2 parts Cranberry Juice
- 2 part Amaretto
- 2 parts Thatcher's Organic Vodka
- Pie crust cutouts and fresh cherries for garnish
- Put your cinnamon stick and vanilla bean into your cherry juice and infuse for 1-2 hours (to taste).
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, mix together infused cherry juice, cranberry juice, amaretto and vodka, and shake!
- Pour your cocktail evenly between two glasses
- Garnish glass with pie crust (optional) and a fresh cherry (use a pairing knife to cut a slice through the bottom so it fits on the glass).
I can fully admit that I tend to be an over-doer so, the mini pie crust garnish on the cocktail is totally optional. If you need to cut time, you can easily use store-bought crust instead of making your own.
Also if you’re in need of the vegan cherry pies and crust recipe, you can find them here.
Looking forward to having my fair share of cherry pie and Cherry Pie martinis today! How are you guys celebrating?
More on the way soon!
Spirits seen in today’s post was provided by Thatcher’s Organic, but all opinions are my own, based on my own experiences.
This post titled Cherry Pie Martini was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.