Sunday brunching is better when there’s refreshing cocktails involved. Don’t you agree?! Although I’m a mimosa kind of gal at heart, I don’t mind switching up my drink of choice every now and again. With spring in full swing, and summer on the way, I’m highlighting some lovely flavors of the season with a quick and easy floral-citrus sangria, that will pair perfectly with your Sunday brunch favorites.
Last week Whole Foods opened in our city, and I couldn’t pass up on the pink and red edible roses that I found, or the fresh blood oranges. I paired the two with my favorite Sauvignon Blanc, Thatcher’s Organic Blood Orange Liqueur, a dash of rose-water and simple syrup. And voila!
The Sangria is made by the glass in advance and can be topped with club soda upon serving.
Feminine, floral, chic and a brunch must.
- 1 Bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 Bottle Thatcher's Organic Blood Orange (1 shot per glass)
- 1/4 tsp rose water x 6
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar x 6
- Fresh blood oranges sliced into rounds
- Edible rose petals washed
- Club Soda
- Edible roses for garnish
- Place 2-3 blood orange slices & a few rose petals in each wine glass.
- Pour wine over fruit and petals. Fill each glass about 1/3 of the way full.
- Top each glass with a shot of Thatcher's Organic Blood Orange.
- Stir in Agave nectar.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with club soda.
- Garnish with an edible rose.
- Make one hour prior to serving.
In addition to Sunday sipping and brunch, I envision this Blood Orange Sangria being served at an afternoon luncheon, bridal shower or elegant birthday celebration.
So fitting for the warm months ahead!
Cheers you guys! I hope you give this sangria a try. I’d love to hear what you think of it! Have a great rest of the day.
Today’s post is sponsored by Thatcher’s Organic. All opinions are my own.
This post titled Sunday Sips – Blood Orange Rose Sangria was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.