I’m a total believer in the term treat yourself, especially after a long busy day, so my treat of choice for Tuesday is truffles. Because well, I’ve had a thing for them lately, and I just happened to have all 4 ingredients on hand to make them. Yep, just 4 simple ingredients is all you need to make your own truffles. Who knew they were so simple?! With hearts day coming up, I’ve added a posh twist by infusing in some dried strawberries, and shaping them into cute little hearts using the mini heart cutter from the posh shop. But it gets better! These decadent little truffles are completely vegan and gluten-free. Made with ‘Enjoy Life’ brand vegan dark chocolate chips (which are amaze) and coconut milk, so they’re not only adorebs and delicious, but allergy friendly too!
- 1 1/4 cup "Enjoy Life" brand dark chocolate morsels (69% Cacao)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries ground down to a powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Line a glass pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grind your freeze dried strawberries into a powder using a magic bullet or similar. Strain to remove the seeds and set aside.
- Place your dark chocolate in a heatproof glass dish.
- Pour coconut milk into a sauce pan and heat on medium.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk in 1 tbsp of the strawberry powder.
- Boil for 2 minutes, allowing the strawberries to fully blend into the milk.
- Remove coconut and strawberry mixture from heat and pour it over the chocolate chips.
- Stir with a rubber spatula until coconut mixture melts all the chocolate and blends to form what is known as a ganache.
- Pour the ganache into the parchment lined dish, smoothing out the top with your rubber spatula.
- Cover loosely with saran wrap.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once fully chilled, remove from the dish and place on a solid working board. Remove parchment paper from the bottom and allow about 5 minutes to rest.
- Then cut the ganache into heart shapes using a mini heart cookie cutter (find it in the posh shop)
- Roll each heart shaped truffle into the remaining strawberry powder, or cocoa powder.
- Place each truffle back on a parchment lined sheet and chill until ready to serve.
- If you choose not to use the heart shaped cutter, you can just scoop out the ganache using a melon baller to make rounded truffles instead.
Serve these at your Vday or Galentines party, and enjoy with your favorite glass of bubbly. They also make extra sweet hearts day gifts, perfect for the ones you love. For like ever…
I hope these sweetened up your Tuesday! More hearts inspired ideas on the way soon!
This post titled Chocolate Strawberry Truffles was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2016.