As seen in the first issue of Stylish Milk Magazine
Add some festive flavor and color to your holiday treat lineup, with these bite sized and baked mini donuts. They’re dressed in a seasonal tart cranberry glaze and topped with a little unsweetened coconut for crunch and wintry appeal.
Sweet mini donuts dipped in a fresh cranberry glaze in the prettiest shade of pink!
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (regular butter can be used)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut or canola oil can be used)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest from 1/2 an orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coconut
- 1 1/2 baking teaspoons powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use coconut)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
- Mini donut pan lightly greased
- 1 piping bag
- CRANBERRY GLAZE
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries rinsed (frozen can also be used)
- Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer blend together oil, butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs, orange zest and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour a portion of the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture alternating into thirds with 1 cup of coconut milk until completely combined.
- Mix in coconut and cranberries until incorporated.
- Pour the mixed batter into the corner of a 1 gallon ziplock bag, cutting the corner with scissors.
- Pipe the batter into the greased mini donut cavities filling only about half-way full.
- Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- (Makes about 48-50 mini donuts)
- Dunk your donuts face down into the glaze and top with unsweetened coconut.
- Allow the donut glaze to dry for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Store in a plastic container.
CRANBERRY GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS
- Place cranberries and lemon juice into a pot and cook on medium heat until they bubble and begin to break down.
- Remove from heat and place cooked cranberries in a small blender or magic bullet.
- Blend on high to smooth and set aside.
- Place your powdered sugar in a glass bowl.
- Stir in the blended cranberries 1 spoonful at a time mixing thoroughly until incorporated. When your glaze is ready it should be a mauve color and a thicker dipping consistency. If it seems too thick add a splash of lemon juice or a bit more cranberry, but be careful not to make it too thin.
Stack your finished donuts on your favorite cake stand and serve for dessert, alongside warm and toasty libations!
I personally recommend making a second batch because they won’t last long!
Happy hump day! I’ll have much more on the way soon!
This post titled Cranberry & Coconut Mini Donuts was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.
All Images are photographed and owned property of Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2015.