Transitioning from Summer to Fall is proving to be a bit difficult for me. I’ve had such a great few months that I’m just not ready to say goodbye! I’ll truly miss the warm temps and the sun shining on my face, the indoor/outdoor entertaining and summer cocktails and treats. All of these great moments plus many more have me itching for one final summer celebration. So, I made sangria. But not just any sangria, Rosé Sangria that’s light, refreshing, very pink, and includes flavors of the summer season. Like fragrant rose and citrus, while also highlighting fresh apples to ease into the idea of Fall.
If you’re planning on enjoying one final summer fete, this end of season sangria is a must try and serve!
Pick your fav bottle of Rosé to make to make this instant fav! I chose M. Chapoutier Belleruche, but any kind will do. Really its hard to go wrong with these ingredients and the flavor combination. #yesway.
A fresh and light Rosé Sangria made with rose water, citrus and apples.
- 1 bottle of your fav Rosé
- 1 cup Cointreau or Orange Liqueur
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 lemon sliced into half inch rounds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 apples thinly sliced + 1 for garnish
- 1 bottle of Sparkling water
- A splash of Belvoir Rose & Elderflower
- Apple rounds for garnish
- In a pitcher, mix together your sliced apples, lemons and lemon juice.
- Pour in Cointreau, Rosé & Rose Water.
- Stir well.
- Place rosé mix into the fridge for at least 4 hours – 6 hours or more. The longer you allow to sit, the more flavor your sangria will have.
- Upon serving, top with Belvoir Rose & Elderflower + Sparkling Water, to complete sangria.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out apple rounds and top with fresh lemon juice.
- Skewer the apple rounds and use them to garnish each glass.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- The acidity of the wine and citrus will prevent your apple slices from browning.
The addition of the rose water adds fragrant and floral notes that are noticeable on the palate and a lovely addition to this light and fruity concoction.
I call it the perfect beverage to enjoy amongst friends. Make it ahead and it’s ready to serve as soon as your guests arrive!
Cheers to a great summer and a brand new season upon us!
Find me on instagram for updates while in-between posts.
This post titled Apple Rosé Sangria was seen first on Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved. 2012-2015.
All Images are photographed and owned property of Posh Little Designs. All Rights Reserved 2015.